19

Louis was obviously nervous with how his day decided to go. He had managed to avoid Harry until the taller lad decided that he'd join them for lunch and to Louis luck, Ben showed up and Niall had invited him along after Louis told him they were old friends. Louis was in a nightmare situation; he sat between an ex (if you could call it that. They were young, but they dated for a bit over four years) and his current crush. Ben was being a very nice to him, a bit too nice even and Harry was very busy glaring daggers at Ben. It'd be appreciated if a hole opened and it absorbed Louis.

"Who was that grumpy guy?" Ben asked when they walked back to their classes.

"Who, Harry? He's almost never like that to people he just met. I thought you guys knew each other too or something," Niall replied with a frown.

"Nope, haven't seen him before. It doesn't surprise me if it's just me though, I always only have eyes for Louis." Ben smiled shyly and Louis castes his eyes down. The later had always loved how gentle and sweet the other could be.

"Wait a minute!" Niall gasped, "Did you guys go out? That's why Lou looked awkward! I get it now!"

"Niall!" Louis whined and Niall quickly apologized, "Look, Ben, I like you, but not in that way. Not anymore anyway. I have a crush on Harry, but it didn't really turn out well... Harry might have been in a bad mood because of me. It's my fault honestly, I shouldn't have taken it personal."

"I don't know what's going on at all, but Louis, it's not your fault." Ben grabbed Louis' hands and made the blue eyes boy turn around a bit so they were facing each other, "I can see why you like Harry; he's stunning and I'm sure he's a really good guy, but I don't like him for the sheer fact that he made you feel like something was your fault. There are two persons in every relationship. It's never okay to put the blame on only one of them -even if it's yourself-."

"But--"

"No. Listen to me for a bit, okay Louis?" Ben squeezed Louis' hands and Louis nodded, "Talk to him. If he hurt you, tell him. And when I say talk to him, I don't mean accept all his excuses without thinking. Be egoistic. Say that he hurt you. Tell him he did something wrong. Get everything off your chest and when you're done, listen to what he has to say. It's never a one sided story, babe, he might have a very good reason for what he did."

"Okay, I'll try to do that." Louis nodded once more.

"It'll work out, love." Ben let go of Louis' hands and hugged him instead, "You'll work it out together and if you ever need support, you have your friends. I'll be there for you, Lou."

-------

This is a very short chapter, I'm sorry... But it's a filler? And I updated a bit ago? ... Please forgive me 😭