17

Harry was lounging around on the couch, aimlessly looking around. He might have avoided his friends on school and maybe he purposely let the battery of his phone run out. Liam had tried calling the land line and Harry thought Liam had given up after the tenth call, but he knew he was wrong when he heard the sound of his front door slamming against the wall and very loud footsteps making their way towards him.

"Harry," Liam snarled and Harry slowly sat up.

"Liam," Harry just nodded at his friend and got up, "To what do I own the pleasure of you destroying my door? If you have problems with my furniture, talk it out with them."

"I'm not here to joke, H," Liam rolled his eyes, "Tell me, why did Zayn look like he wanted to kill you? I talked to him but he didn't tell me. I figured you must've done something stupid."

"Not really, I just made a mistake, but it wasn't like the other person thought anything of it. Don't worry."

Liam sighed, "Fine. If that's what you say," he ran a hand through his hair and started walking towards the bathroom, "I need to use the loo."

"You know where it is." Harry sing-songed and made his way to the kitchen. There must be something edible in his fridge, right?

While Harry decided on some eggs and juice to drink with it, another pair of footsteps came closer. Harry didn't really think much of it because Liam was still in his house and surely the person that just entered the kitchen must be his brown eyed friend, right? So when Harry looked up and saw hazel colored eyes glaring back at him, he wasn't prepared at all.

When you've pissed off someone so badly that you know they could explode, you can see it because of their expression. Their whole body language screams that they want to beat the living daylight out of you and you know you have to calm the person before you or you have to run and hope that the adrenaline pumping through the person you pissed off isn't enough to chase and catch you.

Zayn was different. You couldn't read it off his body when you pushed him to his limits and even now he was staring at Harry with a blank expression, but his eyes... His eyes were like a blazing fire. A cold shiver ran through Harry's body and even though he and Zayn had been friends for years and even though Harry knew Zayn wouldn't hurt him, Harry's mind screamed at him to get out. He would listen to it too if his legs could move.

"Harry," Zayn just nodded at him and the green eyed lad gulped. There was no warmth in Zayn's voice. Harry wondered if this was how an animal felt when they were eye to eye with the gun of a hunter.

Zayn moved slowly, walking over to one of the stools near Harry and he really tried his best to keep his emotions in check. He could see Harry tense up and the little hairs on his arms were starting to stand up. Zayn wanted to scream and throw stuff and the boy standing before him, but he just focused on his breathing.

"W-- why are you here?" Harry stuttered and Zayn snorted.

"I wouldn't know Harry," Zayn looked back up and locked his gaze with Harry's, "Maybe to tell you that the boy who's heart you've crushed is bawling his eyes out. I know you knew that he had a crush on you, H, you're not that dumb. I texted you when we went out because I thought you felt the same way, and I bloody know you do, but I misjudged one thing, Harry," Zayn stood back up and started cornering Harry.

"What?"

"I didn't think you were heartless enough to tell the boy that called you with so much hope that maybe you felt the same way that it was a fucking meaningless drunken kiss!"

"I didn't think he would remember anything! I know that kissing him while he was drunk was wrong! He wasn't thinking straight and I thought he regretted it! I know he said he didn't, but he was drunk and--"