15

It was already quiet when Louis made his way out of the library. He had stayed until he got a text from Zayn, telling him he was already outside and waiting for Louis. Louis stood up, packed his things, smiled at the librarian and hurried outside. He did not want to stay longer than necessary, even if he liked being surrounded by books and even though the librarian -Susan- offered him his favorite Thea and some heavenly biscuits.

Louis was humming when he walked over to Zayn and the hideous bike next to his friend. He had truly missed the thrill of actually having some fight. True, he felt guilty for most of the things he had done, but Louis was a sucker for drama. And if he didn't start the fight, no one could be mad at him, right?
Louis had a lot of information stored up from all those silent years and he was planning on using it if someone dared to try and put him down.

Zayn raised an eyebrow when he saw his best friend approaching him with a smirk and a mischievous glint in his eyes. He knew Louis long enough to know that the blue eyed boy was up to no good or did something... Maybe both. Probably both.

"Can I know what you did of does that make me an accomplice to a crime?"

Louis barked out a laugh and playfully punched the raven haired boy, "Wow, I feel so trusted, Z."

"Do I have to bail you out?" Zayn asked again and Louis just shook his head with another laugh.

"No, if I ever did something illegal, you'd get me away without having to pay."

"True story," Zayn grinned and hopped on the bike while Louis muffled a groan, but did the same.

"Having to ride this is the only crime I committed today, please send me to prison so I can skip this ride out?"

"Too bad, babe. Now, move your lazy ass because I don't want to be here any longer."

The drive home was filled with complains from both boys and when they finally reached Louis' house they were both breathing heavy and sweaty (from riding the bike, of course).

****

"Zayn?" Louis was on the bed, his head dangling off the edge and his legs bend and up in the air, "Do you think I should ask Harry out?"

"Why not?"

"He escaped last time I asked him. I don't want you guys to join us again... I mean, I love you, Niall and Liam, but when I asked him out for coffee I didn't ask you too."

Zayn gasped I'm fake offense and placed his hand on his chest, "You hurt my tiny feelings," Louis snorted, "Just ask the dork. I'm sure he'll say yes."

Louis hummed, but he let his finger hover over Harry's profile on Facebook without going near the message button. Sure, he knew Harry was too nice to say no to one 'date', but what if the curly haired lad didn't get it? What if he thought Louis just wanted to hang out? Maybe that girl was right, maybe he should take a step back...

No.

That's bullshit.

He wasn't going to give up and surrender to those shallow bitches and he surely wasn't going to give up on the only real crush he's had in years. Even if he did, it wasn't like he could just go back to not being noticed!

Louis sighed. If he hadn't gone to that one party, he wouldn't even have to think about all of this. There would be no crazy barbies that tried to separate him from his friends and Louis would only have to focus on not attracting too much attention.

"I'll text him tomorrow," Louis put his phone down and sat up, "I'm going to the bar tonight. Wanna come too?"

"Boujis? Sure, I think Ed's working tonight so maybe we can have a few freebies."