48

a/n: Triple update~ (can't believe I'm making this much progress while I was stuck like last week) Love you guys! Thanks for reading.

Anywayyyyy.... Here we go; get ready for the ride everyone. Please stay seated and keep your hands in the vehicle at all times. (or maybe not, cause it's not that harsh... welps.)

----

When Harry and Louis didn't return after ten minutes, Nick clicked his tongue. His patience was wearing thin, and sitting with the three other maggots wasn't making things any better.

He scraped his chair over the floor by standing up and put a smile on his face, "I'm going to the toilet."

Zayn nodded and waved him off. Somehow, the nonchalant gesture made Nick's blood boil. Zayn always knew how to push Nick's buttons.

Ignoring the stares of the other two, Nick turned around and exited the cafeteria.

"What the hell was that about?" Liam asked Zayn in a hushed tone.

The raven-haired boy looked up with a smirk, and shrugged. It was very infuriating when the only person who seemed to know something more, didn't want to say it. Especially if that someone was your boyfriend.

Before Liam could open his mouth to complain, Zayn laughed and stood up from his seat.

"Follow me."

Once the three of them stood in the hallway, they heard two voices steadily rising in volume. Zayn walked leisurely towards them while Niall started jogging, too impatient to wait and too curious to see why they were yelling. 'They' meaning Harry and Louis.

When Niall got to them, he spotted Nick. The latter was grinning like a Cheshire cat while he watched the scene before him unfold.

"Are you fucking serious, Harry? You want to defend him now?" Louis was visibly fuming. If smoke could come out of his ears, it would.

Harry rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Oh, please. It's not as if you were any better than him. You told me yourself."

"I changed! I apologized and changed schools. I left my past behind me, why can't you see that?! He's trying to manipulate you into siding with him."

"Apologizing and changing schools, doesn't that sound kind of familiar?" Harry huffed, "I bet you don't remember threatening Abigail from the cheerleaders' squad?"

"I- That-" Louis bit his lip.

"Cat caught your tongue? I swear you said something about having changed only seconds ago."

Louis narrowed his eyes, "For fuck's sake, Harold, the bastard didn't even mean it when he said sorry. He wanted to kiss up to your dumb ass and you believed it. News update; you've been played like the cheap kazoo you are."

"Yeah, right." Harry lifted his chin, his cheeks turning red, "Even if that's true, I'd rather spend time with Nick at the moment than with some petty guy who's acting like a toddler. I get that you're jealous that Nick and I can be friends, but I'm not your possession."

"Not everything revolves around you, Harry!"

From the sidelines, Liam and Niall looked at each other with wide eyes. Even Zayn looked dumbfounded for once. They never expected a fight between the couple; a fight about Nick to be more precise. Yeah, sure, maybe some disagreement over it, but this? This was watching their whole relationship burn slowly and the one setting it on fire was the little shit who was looking at it all as if he got an early Christmas present.

"I should've trusted Liam more when he was suspicious of you. What else did you do, hm? You threatened Abigail, and you got Zayn to fight Nick for you. Did you pay Eleanor to be friendly with you? Cause I honestly can't believe she would believe you changed. Or are you that good at acting?"

"Oh, fuck off, Styles." Louis eyes were glossy from the tears that threatened to spill, but he gulped and continued, "Guess what? I regret ever going to Niall's party with Zayn. I regret ever meeting and befriending you, Harry Styles."

"Whatever, Louis. If you were going to be a little shit, you should've told me earlier. I wasted my time on you. You know what, it's over. I can't believe I dated you in the first place." Harry sneered at him and turned around, ready to walk away.

Louis glared at his ex-boyfriend's back, "Hope the door hits you on your way out, Styles."

As a reply, Harry lifted his middle finger up. When the curly-haired boy passed Nick, he took the latter's arm and continued to walk outside. Louis' eyes widened even more, and a few tears started rolling over his cheeks. Zayn immediately ran over to him, looking at Nick and Harry as if he would kill them. The two walked till they were outside, Nick still beaming like all of his dreams had come true.

Liam and Niall moved towards Louis and the blond went to hug the crying boy. Louis had his back hunched and his hands covered his face. His whole body was shaking softly.

"Louis, are you alright? Harry didn't mean any of that. He'll come around," Niall tightened his hug around the boy, trying to comfort him.

"I've never seen him like that... He must be out of his mind." Liam sighed, "Don't worry, Lou, I'll talk some sense into him."

Louis' body only started shaking more.

The three boys looked at each other in horror. They didn't know what to do, and if they were honest, the desire to punch Harry -and especially Nick- grew by the second.

Liam detached himself from the group, ready to go outside and have his own fight with his so-called best friend, but suddenly another noise came from Louis. And it wasn't crying sounds.

"Louis?" Niall's arms untangled from around the lad, and he took a step back, "Are you-" The blond hesitated, "Are you laughing?"

Louis busted out laughing, holding his tummy because of it. He was crying now, but it were probably tears that came from holding in his laughing. He even had to sit down because he couldn't stand on his legs anymore. And if no one would be around, and he wouldn't be in school, the possibility that he'd roll over the floor was quite high.

Zayn was the one to speak first, "Louis, was this-"

"It all went according to plan," Louis wiped his tears away, "Harry agreed when Nick came to apologize. He couldn't stomach it that Grimshit was being so fake. Let's see how Nick likes it when he sees everything fall into pieces."

"So, wait," Niall looked as confused as Liam felt, "This was all an act?"

"I didn't know Harry had it in him, but I wouldn't have expected anything else from my boy. Perfect in any sense. I'm a rather decent actor myself, if I may say so."

"Are you kidding me?!" Liam punched Louis' shoulder, "If you were planning to do something, you should've told us!"

Louis put his hand up in surrender, "It was your boyfriend's idea."

"Zayn?!"

Zayn cursed, "Way to throw me under a bus like that, Tommo."

While Niall and Zayn started their own discussion, Niall still looked confused, "So, what's Harry gonna do now?"

The three boys looked at Louis, who smiled knowingly, "Patience is a gift, my dear friends. And I sure waited long for this."

-----

a/n: Louis went over to the dark side...

What did you think of their little fight?

It kinda killed it for me because I wanted it to be more painful...

(I'm gonna edit it in a month or two anyway, so I'll be sure to make this better too)

Also... can anyone kill me right now? I was supposed to study, not write three chapters D: