31

To say Louis was surprised when he saw an angry Niall looking at him when he entered the library with Ben was an understatement. Louis had never seen the Irishman that angry before, not even when they weren't friends yet and Louis just observed him because he was close with Harry.

"Niall, what happened?" Louis immediately sat down besides his friend, "Do you want to talk about it? Do I need to beat someone up? I might not look like it, but I'm sure I could land a few hits on whoever made you upset. Just tell me what's wrong, Ni."

The blond turned his head and glared at Louis, "I don't know, why don't you tell me?"

"Huh?" Okay, Louis was very confused now. He didn't have the slightest clue of what was going on, "I don't get it?"

"Uh, Louis, I'm going to get some tea. I'll bring some for you and Niall as well, okay?" Ben interrupted. He didn't want to stay and maybe fuck something up by saying a wrong word. He didn't know Niall that well, so he decided Louis would be better at handling the angry blond.

"Yeah, sure." Louis gave him a quick smile before he focused back on Niall, "Ni, please tell me what's wrong? Is it something I did?"

"No shit Sherlock. That took you longer than expected." Niall rolled his eyes. The thought that maybe it wasn't true what Zayn had said flew through his mind, but he quickly shook it away. Louis didn't go to Harry's class to pick him up like he always did, he had entered with Ben at his side instead of Harry and that just made Niall's thoughts worse.

Louis sighed, "I give up. Just tell me, mate. I haven't done anything, but you clearly have some kind of problem."

"I have a problem?" Niall hissed, "I'm not the one who's cheating on my boyfriend with some childhood friend."

"What are you--" Louis'' eyes grew wide before he started laughing, "No way, you think I'm cheating on Harry with Ben? Why would I do that?"

Niall shrugged. He didn't know why he even overreacted so much. Sure, Zayn was being sketchy about it, but that didn't mean Louis did something wrong.

"Ni, Ben and I have been friends for ages and he's probably one of the few that I'd trust with my life, but I love Harry."

"Oh, you love me?"

Louis' and Niall's head turned towards the new voice and their mouth fell open when they saw Harry smirking at them.

"I should've said something, but I'm glad I didn't." Harry sat down next to Louis -who he kissed on his cheek- and smiled, "I love you too, boo."

Louis flushed bright pink and he brought his hands up so he could hide his face. He got used to Harry being so affectionous, but he still had some trouble with all the attention when they were in school. He could just feel the glares that the fans and admirers of Harry were giving him.

They sat there for a bit, Harry embarrassing Louis with cute gestures and Niall laughing every time they did something 'unbearably' cute.

"Louis!" Zayn rushed into the library and pulled Louis off his seat, "I need to talk to you." Louis wanted to follow him, but Harry stopped him. "Let him go, Harry."

Jesus Christ it's as if I'm a character in some crappy fanfiction Louis thought to himself when he looked at the two boys.

****

Zayn and Louis were standing next to the lockers near the library and the latter looked confused at the former.

"What? You must be joking."

"Nope," Zayn shook his head, "I went to the principal office with Liam and Nick was inside. They were talking about something and at the end Mr. Jones welcomed him in the school."

"Nick enrolled here?!"

"No shit, captain obvious, I've been trying to tell you twice already."

Louis opened his mouth, but he closed it again when he saw Nick pass by. What the hell did Louis do to deserve such bad karma? Nick noticed them and walked over, a grin plastered on his disgusting face.

"Malik, Tomlinson," Nick greeted.

"Grimshaw," Louis forced out the name. It left a bitter aftertaste. He didn't want to deal with all the drama that his former friend would stir up. The blue-eyed boy wouldn't be surprised if Nick would do something to take revenge for what happened when they went carting.

"Where are your new friends, Tomlinson? I haven't seen them yet. Well expect that puppy who was with Zayn. Didn't know you both turned into fags. It disgusts me that we used to be friends."

"If you're that disgusted, feel free to never talk to us again. You would be even doing us a favour." Louis smiled sweetly.

"Really? I expected that you'd jump on me too, boo bear. You couldn't keep it in your pants in the old days, so what happened? Some boring and ugly queer called your princess and now you're keeping your legs shut? 'didn't think you being bi was a cover-up for being a sissy."

Louis balled his fist. He wanted to punch Nick, but there were too many people watching him. Louis eyed the hallway and he recognized the cheerleading squad. They already didn't like Louis and now they had a new alley. Fuck.

"Are you sure you want to go there, Nick?"

Louis looked up and saw Zayn, an innocent smile on his lips and eyes sparkling with interest.

"What? Are you still going to defend his ass?" Nick laughed.

"If anything, I'm saving yours. You wouldn't be able to keep standing after a punch of your beloved princess. Remember the good old times, Nicky? Want me to give you a reminder?"

"You can't do anything now, Malik. You don't like to be the centre of attention and if you start a fight, you'll get just that. Wouldn't want that, right Zaynie? Why don't you just fuck off and take Louis with you. Wouldn't want the slut to be lonely."

Nick should've kept his mouth shut. It was true that Zayn didn't like it when everyone looked at him, but he disliked it even more when someone was taunting him or belittled his friends. And no one not even Harry would be forgiven for trying to hurt Louis. So, when that last word came out of Nick's mouth, the lad got a friendly meeting with Zayn's fist.

"What the fuck, I--" Nick started, spitting out a bit of blood because Zayn didn't work out for nothing.

"Clench your teeth, Grimshaw, this is gonna hurt." Zayn said, his previous smile still intact.

And while Zayn kept punching and kicking Nick, Louis just watched. He was shocked because he hadn't seen Zayn go mad in a while, but he couldn't get himself to stop it. He knew he had to. He knew that Zayn would get detention at best, but Louis just couldn't. And maybe he enjoyed it, watching how one of his personal demons got beat up.

The news of Nick transferring had sucked, but if Nick being in the same school as Louis meant that Louis could see a karma come around and bite Nick in the ass... well, Louis could live with that.

----

thanks for reading ♥

I had fun writing this (I love writing drama... oops)

Also: feel free to read my other stories if you get bored waiting for an update (I have another account too, but I put all my stories from other accounts in a list~♥)