27

Louis skipped down the stairs and jumped off the last two, wobbling a bit when he landed on his feet. He finally found something to wear. The only thing that was stopping him was Harry's disapproving look when the blue eyed boy tried to open the door without shoes on.

"Louis, I'm not having this discussion again. You need to wear shoes." Harry sighed.

"But, Hazza! I feel so much more free when I don't have to wear them and I promise I won't step into some glass lying around like last time at Niall's."

Harry crossed his arms over his chest, "We're not leaving until you decide to stop acting like a kid. You need shoes, babe. I can't risk having you hurt again."

Louis pouted, but he quickly gave in when Harry leaned down and kissed him. It was the first time Louis willingly lost an argument, but how could he not when he was up against Harry fucking Styles?

After a few moments Louis hopped into Harry's truck. True, he had to jump a bit before he could get in, but if anyone would ask Louis would definitely deny it. The drive towards Harry's house was filled with playful banter and very loud and off tune singing. Kiss Me was on the radio and the two boys couldn't help but sing their hearts out.

The truck finally stopped and Louis couldn't stop shaking. What if Harry's parents hated him and then they wouldn't be allowed to date? What if Gemma despised how he looked? Would she do anything she can to split them up?
Doubts filled Louis' mind and he began to convince himself that all the hurtful whispers he picked up when he eavesdropped were true. He wasn't good enough for Harry. Louis should just run off and live secluded under a bridge somewhere. If he started running now, he could make it.

"Lou, are you okay love?" Harry opened the passenger door and rested a hand on one of his boyfriend's thighs, "We can stay here for a few minutes until you calm down if you want. I can just tell 'me I tripped again and you had to safe me."

Harry looked at the small boy before him and his heart was on the brink of exploding out of love and fondness. No human could be as beautiful as Louis Tomlinson. The deep blue eyes that were usually full of laughter and mischief were now drowning in worry. A few tears were forming in the corner of those beautiful eyes and Harry did the only thing he could think of; he pulled Louis into a hug and held him close.

"Don't worry. They'll love you," he whispered into his boyfriend's ear, "And even if they somehow don't like you -which is impossible-, I'll just move in with you and your family. Their opinion means nothing, Louis. No one's opinion matter except ours. It's our life and our love story. We don't need anyone's permission to follow our hearts, Lou."

Louis chuckled. God, he was dating such a sap, "They're your parents, H. I want them to like me."

"And they will once they see how happy you make me." Harry beamed at Louis and the latter slowly returned it with a smile of his own, "Let's go inside. I'm sure they're already dying to meet you."

Harry lifted Louis out of his seat and carried the struggling boy towards the door. A few seconds after Harry had let louis down and the boys feet had touched the ground, the door swung open.

"You're late," A female said and Louis' body stiffened. He looked up into the eyes of who was unmistakably Gemma, Harry's sister.

Harry's words ringed in his ears and Louis straightened his back. Harry had been so sure that his family would accept them if Louis only acted like himself, so he would give them exactly that. Louis smiled, "Im not late, everyone else is simply early."