13

Louis and Zayn were already sitting at a table, sipping from their Starbucks when suddenly Harry and Liam rushed in, running after an older man. The man's hair was brown, blue eyes, and he had a bit of a beard. He was chatting loudly and Louis couldn't help but be amused.

"No, Harry, I don't care that you think you're old enough to be dropped off and go in alone! I need to meet this boy! You've been talking about him for weeks and I need to meet the boy who's the reason behind your constant gushing."

"James, please! At least don't be so loud!" Harry pleaded and Liam just looked like he had enough of it.

"I wouldn't be loud if you weren't trying to stop me," The man -James- mocked and Harry pouted. Louis wasn't endeared at all.

While Harry and James were still arguing a bit, Liam noticed Zayn and walked away from the scene. Neither of his companions noticed, so Louis stood up, brushed the non-existing crumbs of the cupcake he just finished of his clothes and walked over.

"Hi, Harry. We're sitting over there," He pointed at their table and smiled at James, "Nice to meet you sir, I'm Louis."

"So you are Louis?" James' voice rose an octave and little mischievous twinkles lighted up in his eyes.

"The one and only," Louis grinned, but focused back on Harry, "Do you want something to drink? I'll get it for you, if you want?"

"I'll take whatever you're having," Harry beamed at Louis and James rolled his eyes.

"I'll take--"

"James, you're not getting anything! The only thing you can get is a ride home," Harry glared at the man who was now pouting and Louis chuckled.

"I don't mind if he stays," Louis said and he winked cheekily when he added: "What do you wanna get? I'll bring it over together with Harry's drink."

James cooed, "You've always been my favorite, Louis."

An hour, two trips to the counter and several refills later, James finally left the boys -but not before he looked at Harry with a pointy glare and mouthed something the other boys couldn't quite catch... Harry looked properly embarrassed though-.

Louis and Zayn explained to Harry and Liam what had happened with Becca and the two boys felt bad for jumping the gun and snapping. Niall was grinning the whole time while Liam clumsily apologized, a flash of stratification shooting through him. Don't get it wrong, Niall loved all of the idiots he was sitting with... But, the feeling of knowing he hadn't been part of the ridiculous drama had already been great. The feeling of seeing the proud Liam James Payne apologize because he saw that -for once- he was wrong, was ecstatic. Niall never really liked it when Liam acted arrogant and the scene before him might just be the right blow to make Liam's ego crumble to a normal-sized one.

Liam was feeling like he had just ran over someone's puppy. How could he have been so stupid? Of course he doubted Louis! They didn't know the guy that well and suddenly he had been forced to accept that the blue eyed boy was part of his group! He thought he could deal with it because Zayn and Louis were best friends and Liam really liked Zayn, but when all of his friends just accepted Louis so fast, he instantly disliked the boy. He felt like he was slowly being replaced when Niall started hanging out with Louis more instead of going to the gym with him. He downright despised it when Harry called him up to tell him about the beautiful guy he met after school who was waiting for a friend. And don't even get him started over the whole Zouis shit he had to hear. Louis had just rubbed him all the wrong ways, but maybe, just maybe, he had to actually get to know the guy before he jumped the fence.

Harry was on top of the world. The beautiful boy before him didn't mind it that Harry had acted like a downright idiot and he was even willing to explain the while situation without getting angry at the curly haired lad. Normally, Harry wouldn't have been nervous about the 'coffee date' like James had labeled it. No, Harry could charm the pants off most people, so one breathtaking, perfect beauty shouldn't be a big deal, right? Think again. The first time Harry walked up to Louis was after he had mustered up all his courage and he thought that it was an 'all of nothing' situation. The green eyed lad didn't think he'd have to face the cute boy almost every day after that. It made him weak and dorky instead of his usual charming and spontaneous self. But, who could blame him? Right now he had the privilege to look into the baby blue eyes of Louis Tomlinson himself!

"That wasn't half bad, right?" Louis grinned and poked Zayn.

"Ugh, I would've liked it more if we didn't have to do this. Remind me again why we were friends with those dicks? They brought nothing but trouble and even now we need to explain stuff because of them, like when--"

"Alright!" Louis clapped his hands together and jumped up, "That's our cue to go!"

"Wait, I thought that we could maybe, you know, play Fifa at Niall's? Or we could just relax if you don't want to--" Harry was frantically trying to keep Louis where he was, but Liam muffled his words with his hand.

"We'll see you Monday," Liam said with a tight smile and Louis nodded before dragging Zayn out of the practically empty Starbucks.

Louis loved how the day had turned out. He had scored brownie points by trying to be charming with James and it turned out that the man was now -as Niall would say- a Larry. You see, Louis had a plan for winning Harry's heart and it started by getting all Harry's friends on his side... Well, maybe all but Liam. The lad didn't seem to like Louis much. The whole date-but-not-a-real-date turned out better than expected too and Louis just hoped Liam wouldn't pry into his past again and go all Sherlock -but then one without proof and one that failed horribly-.

Zayn was just confused. Sure, he knew that he had to explain his stupid mistakes at one point, but his friends did overreact a lot more than he thought they would. And Zayn thought that he and Louis would be open about everything instead of just one thing. It was stupid and just begging for misunderstandings to do it step by step, but maybe Louis just didn't want to look like a complete jerk in front of Harry?

Ugh. Zayn really needed a cigarette to calm his nerves after his.

****

"Louis are you serious?" Zayn looked at his best friend as if he had grown a second head and maybe five extra arms. No, scratch that. He wouldn't be as shocked if that was the case.

"Yes, Zayn, I already told you three times that I mean what I said," Louis rolled his eyes. It wasn't that surprising, really. Zayn was just being a drama queen.

"No, the title of drama queen is yours, Lou."

Oh, well, maybe Louis said that part out loud, who cares?

"A doctor would if he knew. Voicing your thoughts got a whole new meaning for you, hm?"

"Don't 'hm' me, Z," Louis sighed and placed his hands on his hips, "And as I was saying, we could easily rent an apartment together next year. We're graduating this year and we'll both need to move out-- well, I need to move out. You already did."

"Why don't you just move in with me? I like my place."

"It smells like weed, cigarettes and other stuff," Louis huffed and this time it was Zayn's turn to roll his eyes.

"Like that isn't partly because of you."

"True, true," Louis looked at the cigarettes between his fingers. Normally, he'd deny and say he was far too innocent, but seeing as the proof was literally right before him... Even Louis wasn't that dumb.

Zayn's place was a mess though. There were clothes everywhere and there was so much dust, they could build a snowman from it. Food wasn't any better either, Zayn could cook, but he was far too lazy to actually buy the ingredients and make something. Hence the takeout boxes and the leftovers scattered around.

"I hate this dump," Louis declared before he fished a controller out of the box near the tv, "Let's play some Fifa. I'm staying over by the way."

--------

#wemisszouis was trending while I wrote this and it totally didn't bring up any feels at all 😭

Thanks for reading!
And don't hold back on commenting! I love to know what you guys think 💜💜