22

Omg. 3k?! Thank you al SO MUCH!
-----

Zayn was pacing back and forth at their usual hangout spot. He texted Louis ten minutes ago and the small brunette still hadn't replied. Something must've surely gone wrong. Maybe Harry was actually a real prick instead of the goofy, dorky, charming and sweet boy Zayn knew. Probably not, but Zayn's mind was in overdrive and he just couldn't stop thinking of those things.

"Zayn, can you please stop? You're making me nervous too with all that walking around." Liam sighed.

"Well, maybe I wouldn't be so stressed out if Harry didn't act like a twat before. If he even dares to hurt Lou, I swear I'll--" Zayn stopped himself and shook his head, "Whatever, once those two come outside, I'm going to talk to Louis. I need to know he's alright."

Zayn sat down next to Liam, but he couldn't stop shaking his leg. He had to do something to calm his nerves. The hazel eyed boy just couldn't understand how Liam could be so levelheaded. Wasn't he worried? They both cared for Louis and Harry -even though Zayn knew Liam was still a bit uncomfortable around Louis-, so it was only normal their thoughts were now filled with them, right? It was normal to think of your friends when there was drama between those very friends.

"I'm not stressing because I know they'll work it out," Liam voiced with a light smile.

"What? Shit. Did I say that out loud?"

"No, I can see you wanted to ask me something and I guessed what it was. You're very ease to read, Z." Zayn's eyes widened, no one had ever told him he was 'easy to read'. Most people had no clue what Zayn was thinking most of the time.

"You really think they'll be fine?" Zayn asked quietly and Liam's eyes grew.

"They're idiots, but they must be stupid if they can't see they love each other. The fondness in their eyes when they look at each other is disgusting. Disgustingly cute."

Zayn nodded and Liam took his chance and wrapped one of his arms around Zayn in a sideway hug. Against all expectations in, Zayn leaned into the touch. They both sat like that for a while, Liam's arm around Zayn and Zayn contently snuggled up against him, but of course, nothing lasts forever.

"I brought food! Now what do you guys want to-- Holy shit! It's real! Louis was right! Fuck. I need an inhaler, this is too cute!"

The two boys got a bit further away from each other as they looked at Niall who had dropped his bags full of food and who practically started hyperventilating.

After a few minutes the three of them finally started eating. Liam with a tiny smile on his lips and cheeks flushed red, Niall with a giant smirk and Zayn just looked embarrassed but happy.

****

"Harry?" The taller one hummed and Louis gulped before he continued, "I like you so bloody much."

Harry stiffened and even though he wanted to say something, reply to Louis' confession, he couldn't get any words over his lips. Louis took a step back and looked up to the other boy's face, trying to see some kind of reaction. Sure, they both said a lot but neither of them had said the words 'I like you'. It had almost seemed like they danced around it.

"H, are you okay? I thought it was okay because you felt the same, but I'm sorry if it's too soon. I'm sorry if--"

Seeing as Harry couldn't get himself to talk -but he really wanted to shut the smaller boy up-, he pressed his lips against Louis'. The older boy froze for a second but relaxed when he was over the tiny shock of Harry kissing him. It wasn't like their kiss a few days ago. It wasn't heated and there was no lingering taste of alcohol. This time it was gentle and even though they didn't do anything but press their lips together and move them together a bit, it still send sparks through their spines. It wasn't a whole fireworks show kind of feeling like so many books use to describe, but it was something. Some kind of pull, a tingling feeling, something that made it impossible to stop once they started.

"We should.. Go back," Louis huffed in between the kisses and Harry hummed his agreement, but neither of them moved away. Instead, Harry pulled Louis closer and Louis tangled his fingers in Harry's hair, deepening the kiss a bit that way.

"The others are--... are probably worried."

"Hm, don't care."

"Lou..." Harry pulled back a bit and rested their foreheads together, "I don't want to stop either, but I'm sure the others are worried."

"I don't want to go back," Louis whispered, his eyes closing again as he inhaled Harry's scent. A mix between something sweet like cotton candy or something and a hint of musk.

"Why? Because this will end? Lou, I--"

"No, not this. I'm not scared to leave this behind." The brunette let out a shaky breath, opened his eyes and stared into Harry's green ones, "I'm scared that if we leave, we'll leave us. I like you Harry. I can't handle another rejection. I need to know if you're in this too, if this means something to you."

"Lou, I already told you you're my sunshine and frankly, I'd be devastated if you would just walk away at this point. I know that I acted like a jerk last time, but I need you."

Both boys looked at each other with a small smile on their lips. It did take some time for them to get where they were, confession parts of their feelings to the person that meant the world to them, but they finally did it.

"Lou?" Harry's smile widened as he redid what the other boy did before he confessed he liked Harry.

"Yeah?"

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

Louis' eyes watered a bit as he nodded and he chuckled once he saw Harry's goofy grin, "Just kiss me you fool."

----

Hard chapter to write to be honest... But it's kind of decent, so I'll settle for it now (might edit after).

Anyway, I'm in the Netherlands to 'enjoy' very warm weather and its far too hot to even ride to the sea 😂
Also I decided to just ask you guys a question each chapter because I love you all and want to get to know you.

Q: what do you like to do when it's hot?