Chapter 23

Edward's Pov:

I had spent at least 23 years mourning Bella but I knew I had to move on.

I have recently become a couple with Tanya. Don't get me wrong she annoys the hell out of me... but she also serves as a distraction to the pain.

We don't speak about Bella often, though she is remembered by everyone. One day, Tanya will find her actual mate and yet again I will be left to pick up the pieces. To be honest, I don't understand why I keep clinging onto love like this. -Maybe it's because I'm missing my mate or maybe it's because I'm selfish.

Ever since she passed, I allowed nobody to enter my room. Not because I wanted to shut everyone out but because this was the place Bella felt the safest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bella's Pov:

Running. It's all I do now.

I fight, I run, I fight, I run. always the same.

My acts aren't all that selfless, although they seem that way, I feel like if I stop running then I will have to think. If I have to think then I'll remember. Remembering means that I will feel. If I feel then I will be weak. If I'm weak, I am vulnerable. If I'm vulnerable then they'll get me. I have picked up many enemies and many allies but the enemies always see to over power the amount of allies.

I have been alone for at least 40 years.

40 years for Edward to find happiness, even if she's like the polar opposite to me.

I just want him to be happy.

People would always be happier without my burden.

Should I hand myself into the Volturi?

They have wanted me for the last 40 years and it's not like I've got anything left to live for..

Aro will finally have his prized possession to add to his collection of robots.

I'm going.

It's FINAL.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-alwaystwilight

Thankyou so so so so much for the votes and views.

sorry it's short!

xxx