Chapter 23

Today was Mike's birthday.

Everyone was invited. Scott, Fritz, Chris, and Jeremy were invited, also D/n's friends. You and D/n were setting up the house, full of party stuff. Mike was went somewhere and soon will come home.

You guys planned that when Mike gets home, all of you guys will pop out and say 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!'. It was the perfect plan. Mike is turning 24.

You were making the cake, instead of buying because all stores were closed for a holiday. Father's Day. D/n was finished setting up the table and stuff like that, exc.

She went upstairs to make something for Mike. There was a knock on the door. You stopped what you're doing and ran to get the door. You open the door and see all of Mike's and D/n friends.

"Hello Mrs. Schmidt!" Said one of Mike's friends, Scott. You giggled "You can call me Y/n" Scott perked up "all right! Y/n...is Mike here yet..?" You shook your head "not yet..."

One of D/n's friends spoke "where's D/n?" "She's upstairs doing something. You guys can go up there while you wait!" They all cheered "Thanks D/n's mom!" They all ran upstairs to her room.

You smiled and looked at Mike's friends "come on in guys!" They all stepped in the house and went to the kitchen. You continue to make the cake.

Fritz walks up to you and says "May I help?" You looked at him and smiled "sure Fritz! You can help me frost the cake!" Fritz smiled "alright!" While you guys were doing that.

The others helped setting up the rest of the decorations. Upstairs, D/n and her friends were watching her draw something "what are you drawing d/n?"

D/n says "I'm making a card for my dad silly. But also drawing for him..." "How old is your dad turning?" "24" "wow, he must by old now" they all giggled. D/n looked at them and rolled her eyes "he's not THAT old..."

One of her friends said "My dad is 30. He's older than your dad" then another one said "My dad is 19. He's younger than your dad..." Then all of her friends keep talking about how old their dads were.

D/n just ignore their conversation and just continues to make the card.

-----

Mike unlocks the door and sees the house dark. He raises a brow "hello?! Y/n? D/n?" Then the lights turn on and everybody popped up and yelled "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!"

Confetti fell out of nowhere. You looked up "since when we have confetti?" D/n shrugged. Mike awed "thank you guys!" D/n walked up to Mike and gave him a card.

"Also dad, happy Fathers Day!" Mike read the card and looked at D/n and smiled "thank you d/n" she smiled bright "your welcome dad!" Mike hugged her and she hugged him back.

D/n let's go and follows her friends. You walked up to Mike and kissed him on the cheek "Happy Birthday babe...~" Mike chuckled "thanks honey~"

You smiled as Mike walks up to his friends. He hugs all of them. He hasn't seen them for a while when he first met you "What's up Mikey boy?" Scott said "Happy b-birthday bud..." Jeremy said stuttering a little.

Mike smiled "Thanks guys. You're the best!" Chris gives all of you guys party hats "Here guys!" They put it on "Thanks Chris!" Chris winked "no problem birthday boy!"

While you watch them having a conversation, you thought about something. You wanted to give him the best birthday gift that he had in his life. You tried thinking of what to give him.