Summer Festivals (Akutagawa Ryuunosuke)

Requested by YumeAira! Please enjoy~

Today, was a big day. Not just you, but both of you. Akutagawa finally mustered up all his courage and asked you out. He wanted to take you to a summer festival in Yokohama. Of course, you accepted because you grew fond of him over the past few years working at Port Mafia.

You stared at yourself in the mirror. You were wearing an expensive (Fav Color) yukata with gorgeous flower designs all over with (Second fav color) obi, wrapping your waist. Your hair was up in a cute ponytail with a big flower pin on the side of your head with a few beads dangling down from it. There was the sudden ring of your doorbell, making you jump up in surprise.

'Akutagawa kun is here...' you looked back at yourself in the mirror again and gave a little fist bump with a proud smile spread across your face. 'Let's go have fun!'

You opened the door to see cute blushing Akutagawa at the doorway. He was also wearing a yukata as well.

"H-Hey, (F/N)." Akutagawa greeted with a mumble. "You look really pretty..."

A small blush crept up to your cheeks. "Thanks, Akutagawa kun. You look handsome too."

He suddenly took your hand and led you to the summer festival which wasn't that far. Akutagawa has never been on a date before and before he came to pick you up, he obtained some dating tips and advice from his senpai, Chuuya. He took out a piece of paper that was in his jacket pocket and read it silently to himself.

"Always hold her hand and look at her when she's talking..."

"Did you say something, Akutagawa kun?" you looked up at the boy.

"N-No! Nothing..."

You giggled a little. Akutagawa must have been more nervous than you, you thought. "Ok, we're here! Where should we go first? Food maybe?"

Akutagawa looked around the park which was filled with booths and the air smelled like yakisoba and chocolate covered bananas. Most of the people were wearing yukatas. The loud and deep thumping sounds of the taiko (drums) reverberated through the city.

"Sure."

"Then can we get yakisobas first and then cotton candy??" your eyes suddenly sparkled in excitement, making you suddenly hold onto Akutagawa's arm. He flinched by the contact a little bit, but remained his cool. He was so nervous around you today.

"Yeah." he mumbled again as the two of you headed to the two booths. You and Akutagawa sat down on the picnic bench as he watched you gobble down the noodles. He was certainly surprised you would eat yakisobas in an inhuman speed and demand for seconds. Of course, he would pay for it and he will continue to pay for anything you want.

"Are you sure you don't want yakisoba, Akutagawa kun? You can have some of mine, if you want." you gestured the plastic box towards him, handing over the chopsticks.

"No thanks. I get full when I'm watching you eat." he replied. You grinned, showing your teeth that was covered in nori flakes. For the first time tonight, Akutagawa couldn't help but to chuckle on how adorable you looked. Your cheeks bloomed as you saw him smile. You loved his smile. You loved his laugh. You never thought that he could smile and laugh like that and you found yourself falling deeply in love with him more.

Akutagawa got you the (pink or blue) cotton candy and you insisted he should at least eat. You would occasionally hold it up to his mouth and he would chomp on it and then you would gobble the whole thing. Akutagawa soon realized there was a piece of cotton candy stuck on the corner of your lips and he would wipe it off with his thumb and then eat it.