Under Arrest (Akutagawa Ryuunosuke)

Akutagawa x Police!Reader was requested by catcaroon, enjoy!

You were in a meeting with all your other co workers in a huge auditorium where they discussed the latest must-complete mission. It was about a suspicious average height man lurking around in the city and it was claimed that he has an ability, just like the people of the Armed Detective Agency has but it was potentially dangerous. The police department and the ADA both had their hands on this mission.

"Alright then. Since this job is technically handed over to the ADA, the president of the ADA still told us to keep a look out but whatever you do, do not go any further than this." the sheriff said, tapping the whiteboard with his red marker. "Do not look for him, do not look for his hideout."

That was what the top ordered all of you to do.

Judging by this so called man, 'Akutagawa Ryuunosuke' which- in your opinion should be named 'the Eyebrowless Freak' seemed a bit intriguing to you. Although you didn't have any kind of special abilities, you were one of the top ranked police officers in town. The more research you did on him, the more secrets you were able to uncover which made you curious.

Curiosity came with a positive trait for you. It made you give you a hand to detectives, easier to face opponents, and even take down several handful of them all on your own.

But it is most definitely a negative thing too.

You knew you weren't supposed to but you did it anyway. Researching day and night, you had some guesses to where his hideout could be. Believe it or not, you did have an encounter with Akutagawa a few months ago.

'A lady shouldn't be out this late at night.' a voice crept up behind you. You were on your way home from work, tired and hungry. Tossing your exhaustion aside, you turned around quickly to punch him until the man with the white tips in his hair saw right through your attack. He grabbed both of your wrists and dragged you into a dark alleyway. He pinned you against the wall and grabbed both of your wrists over your head.

'Shh...' he leaned in close to your face while using his other hand to cover your mouth. During this time, you were still a rookie in the police department. Although you've been trained and wracked into your brain on what to do in this kind of situation, you were too frightened that all those hard work you've done was nothing. Now you were acting like a helpless average citizen that was about to get kidnapped by a wanted man.

'Ok, we're done.' the man let go of your wrist and pushed you out from the alleyway onto the street. Your heart still beating faster than normal as you looked back at him with a shocked and a puzzled face.

'You should thank me. If you are working as a police, you should at least known that there were two suspicious looking men following you from behind all night long.' he said and he finally turned around, leaving you alone.

You didn't know if you should feel humiliated by the fact that you got "rescued" by a wanted man or thankful for him. But ever since that day you strived to be the top police.

Back from the flashback you had, you were driving around the city looking for potential places where his secret place could be. It could be anywhere. The clock ticked 1 pm as you felt the energy draining out of you. You decided to check the one last place you recorded before heading home.

It was only a few minute drive until you suddenly felt the wheels spinning uncontrollably. Before you knew it the car swerved left making the tires produce an ear splitting squeak. Your head jerked to the left and then back onto the wheel which the air bag refused to save you.