Late Night Work (Edogawa Ranpo)

Aye, new cover! I was getting tired of the old one, idk XD I'll probably put up new covers once in awhile because I get tired of them pretty quickly.

Ranpo san was requested by dawnwulfi! Please enjoy :)))

"I'm home~" Ranpo yawned loudly as he staggered his way into his lovely home. You two were a happily married couple living in a small but cute modern house. As he made his way to the living room, he saw his wife sleeping peacefully on the couch. Ranpo couldn't help but to smile as he tip toed his way to the sleeping beauty. The man examined your sleeping face as he snapped a picture from his phone and made it his wallpaper.

"You're so beautiful..." he whispered and he tucked your (hair color) locks behind your ears as you slowly woke up.

"Oh, Ranpo... You're finally back. I was waiting for you on the couch reading a magazine, but I was really tired and I couldn't resist myself..." you rubbed your eyes as you sat up from the couch.

"Thank you for waiting for me, love. You can go back to sleep if you'd like." Ranpo gave you a quick peck on the lips.

"No! I don't want to sleep after you're finally home. Plus, I need to make dinner." you quickly got up, dusting your cute apron as you walked into the kitchen.

"You haven't ate dinner yet?" Ranpo asked.

"We've always had dinner together, Ranpo." you smiled warmly at your husband who smiled back.

"Alright then! I'm going to take a quick shower and then be right back for dinner." Ranpo announced as he raced upstairs and into the bathroom. 

Once you were pretty much done with dinner, you went upstairs to your shared bedroom and cleaned out his clothes from the laundry basket. For some reason, you had a bizarre idea and took his little cap, glasses, and cape and tried them on in front of a mirror. The cape was a little too big on you, almost down to your legs and his cap was big too because it was slouching down to your forehead. The only thing that fit you perfectly was his glasses. You pushed up your glasses and tried to imitate him the best as you can while looking at yourself in front of the mirror.

"Ultra Deduction!" you yelled, pushing up your glasses once more. Of course nothing happened but you just giggled thinking that Ranpo must do this all the time at work. 

"Um, (F/N) chan. What are you doing with my clothes?" his voice suddenly stood in the doorway, staring at you. You were still looking at yourself in the mirror so you grinned and twirled around in a circle.

"Look at me! Ultra Deduction-" when you were done spinning, your pair of eyes laid on Ranpo's bare chest and his towel that was around his hips. You blushed madly as Ranpo laughed.

"Are you ok, (F/N) chan? Are you that excited that I'm home from work?" he walked closer to you and embraced you into a slightly wet hug. You two hands were practically touching his chest and you were flustered by it.

"R-Ranpo! Your clothes! You're going to catch a cold!" 

"Eh? You think I'll catch a cold, (F/N) chan? I'm the mightiest and the strongest man you've ever met so a little bug can't hurt me!"

"Yeah, you're right. But dinner is ready so come downstairs when you're finished." you said as you pulled away but Ranpo pulled you back harder.

He leaned down and whispered into your ear. "Unless if you want to dress me~"

You squeaked as you pushed off his chest, blooming. "R-Ranpo!"

He roared with laughter. "I'm just joking, (F/N) chan! You get flustered by the little things so easily!"

"J-Just get changed before the food gets cold!" you tried to hide you blush as you stomped out of the bedroom.

Once you two were done eating dinner and spent a little time happily chatting away, you and Ranpo curled up on the couch watching TV again. Ranpo insisted he wanted dessert so he has a full basket of icecream on his lap, scooping the sugar in his mouth.

"Ranpo~ I want another scoop~" you whined as you handed him over the bowl.

"Scooping on bowls is really tedious so here." he scooped a little bit of icecream with his spoon as he brought it closer to your face.

"Thank you!" you cheered as when you leaned in for it, he pulled it father away so you couldn't eat it.

"H-Hey!" you pouted at the man who was just laughing.

"Gosh, (F/N) chan. You must be really impatient. I'm going to feed this to you." 

"Fine." you blushed a bit as he gently inserted the spoon in your mouth as you savored the sweet taste.

"Yummy! Now I feed it to you." you snatched the utensil off his hands and scooped another one. Ranpo quietly obeyed and ate the icecream on the spoon you gave him. But he had a sneaky little idea and licked a small part of your fingers, making you squeak.

"R-Ranpo! Stop teasing me!" you cried wiping his saliva against his pajamas.

"I just wanted some fun out of you, (F/N) chan~ It's so boring at work these days and I wish you worked at my workplace so I can see you everyday..." he nuzzled into the crook of your neck and sighed loudly. 

You patted his head and smiled. "But I do see you everyday."

"It's not enough. I want to hold you for the rest of my life and never let go." he began to wrap his arms around your body and gave you a tight hug.

"So don't leave me, ok?" he breathed into your hair, making you blush a bit.

"What's with this all of a sudden? Of course I'm never leaving you, Ranpo."

"Good because my life would be pointless without you."

  ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 

Little Ranpo is good for the heart <3

I wanted to say thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words to the people who cheered me up a few days ago. I'm feeling a bit relaxed now that I can write and concentrate more on the requests you guys give me :)

Speaking of requests, I have one more to go and after this one, so I'll most likely be taking a break from requests but I'll definitely let you all know when I'll be opening them again!