The Sum of U + Me (Kunikida Doppo)

School AU!! I love writing AUs, they're probably my favorite ones to write out of fluffs, angst, etc...

When I was in Japan, I did attend school, but not high school so I don't really know what they studied so I'll just apply random math curriculum that I already studied lol...

There's a lot of time skips in this one shot so I apologize for that ;-;

(Just a little favor for you all at the end of the story, make sure you read it!)

You were a 3rd year in high school, attending school around your city. You were an average student in all the subjects except math. Math was the only subject you excelled at and all your teachers at the school insisted you should join a advanced math class, but you turned the offers down.

The last bell of the school finally rang, indicating that it was time to go home or people who participated in after school activities to go to their designated places. The teacher was erasing the sloppy writings on the blackboard as he yelled out the orders.

"Alright! If you scored a 70% or lower, I expect to see you in this class in a couple of minutes for retakes! I have a list right here, so don't you dare go sneaking out on me!" the man stood out the doorway as he passed back the test one by one. You grabbed your school bag and headed over the door as the teacher smiled down at you and handed you the paper.

"Nice work, kiddo." Kunikida complimented as you looked down to see a huge 110% across your paper.

"I got the extra credit?" you asked eagerly.

"You're the only one who got it. Here, I have something to discuss with you for a second." Kunikida walked over to his desk as you followed. He took out a couple of paper from a file and handed them to you.

"I really need you to consider taking an honor math class. You have all A's in this class and I know you'll reach even higher if you take advanced classes. This is your last year, am I correct?" he asked.

You frowned at the paper. You didn't want to take advanced classes. Not only it meant more strict teachers and more homework, there was a secret inside you that made you not go. You shook your head and smiled. "Thank you for your consideration, sensei. But I do not wish to take any advanced classes. I like the class I'm in."

Kunikida sighed. "That's what I thought you'll say..." he put his hands behind his head. "Well, I won't force you like all your other teachers are doing, but can I ask why you don't want to go?"

A small blush crept up to your face as the teacher immediately noticed.

"Ah, you have a crush in your class? Who is it?" a small smile appeared on his face.

"W-What?! N-No, that's not it!!" you blushed even more, shaking your head furiously.

The male laughed as he put the file away in his drawer. "Ok, ok. I believe you. But if you change your mind, tell me first, ok?"

"Yes, sensei. Have a good rest of your day." you bowed as Kunikida waved goodbye and you left the room. Your bestfriend was waiting for you outside the classroom, looking at you with a eager look on her face.

"So? So?? What did sensei say??" she whispered.

You sighed loudly. "He just wanted me to take an advanced math class, that's all..."

"Why don't you then? (F/N) chan, you're like really smart at math. It'll be good for you."

"I know, I know. Even my parents are nagging me about it but I just don't want to."