Leaving it all behind

"Dean you're sure you want to do this?" Stephanie asked as we waited for the release forms to be printed off for us to sign.

"It's the only way for me to be there for my kid," I explained.

"You're gonna be an amazing father Dean." She smiled at me. Then my phone rang. It was Seth. He was watching Marlee so I had to answer.

"Hey I'm still in the meeting. What's wrong?"

"You might want to come look for yourself. You child is nuts!" Seth spoke. He sounded like he was gonna laugh.

"Alright I'm on my way." I hung up and looked at my boss. "I should go check it out." I stood up to leave.

"I'll go with you. I want to meet the little girl anyways." Stephanie spoke. We headed to catering together. When we got there food was everywhere. And surprisingly Marlee was the only one that didn't have food all over her.

"She wanted some food but whatever anyone gave her she said yuck and threw it at them." Seth explained. He was smiling through the frosting on his face.

"Daddy!" Marlee saw me and ran over to me. I picked her up.

"Hey princess having fun with Uncle Seth?" I ask her.

"Yeah! And Toe said some bad words!" She smiled. I looked at Roman who had noodles in his hair and sauce down his shirt.

"Marlee this is Stephanie McMahon. She's my boss." I introduce the two.

"Hi Marlee. You have an amazing father. Are you excited to see his match tonight?" She asked her. She meant that tonight was my last night wrestling. And I have to lose my United States title.

"He's gon beat everybody up!" Marlee grinned.

"Not everybody. He can't beat me!" Dolph Zigler smiled at my little girl.

"Uh huh! Daddy is big and strong! He can beat anyone!" It was cute that she was trying to smack talk.

"Let's get you some food in that tummy of yours before we have to get ready for the show." I laugh at my little angel.

"I want that!" She pointed to the tray of vegetables sitting by the smashed cupcakes and cookies.
.
.
.
Right before we had to go out to the ring, I remembered that someone needed to watch Marlee for me. Seth and Roman couldn't because they had to be out there with me.

"Dude just take her out there with us. I'll hold her during the match." Seth offered.

"No! I do not want my child exposed to this kind of violence and what would the fans think?"

"Everyone already knows you're quitting after tonight." Roman reminded. He was still a little angry that I was quitting my dream.

"Actually about that. Why can't I raise Marlee on the road? It'll be difficult but we can make it work." I confess my thoughts. After I saw the mess in catering earlier, I realized that Marlee doesn't just need me. She needs a family. This company, these people are my family. Why can't they be Marlee's too?

"Are you serious?" Seth was shocked. "Didn't you sign the release forms?"

"Not yet. You called me right before."

"Then you need to figure it out now before it's too late." Roman spoke with hope in his eyes.

"Shield, you're on in five minutes!" A producer spoke. Roman nodded at me before walking away.

"I'm gonna be with you 100% with which ever you decide." Seth spoke before following Roman to our entrance place.

"Daddy?" Marlee patted me on the knee. I looked down at her and smiled. "Good luck out there. I love you!" She hugged me.

"I love you too princess," I hugged her back. A knock on the door ruined the father/daughter moment. I picked up Marlee and opened the locker room door to a beautiful new blonde.

"Oh sorry wrong room. Awe she's adorable!" She spoke with an accent I couldn't place.

"I'm guessing you're new?" I smirk at her.

"Yeah," she blushes. "Can you tell me where Stephanie's office is?"

"Yeah right this way," I closed the door and walked with her.

"I'm Renee," she smiled at me.

"Dean. And this cutie is Marlee," I jester to the fussy girl in my arms.

"Dean as in Dean Ambrose?" Renee gasped. I nodded before Seth ran over to us.

"Dean! Come on! We're up!" He shouted.

"I have to go but it's the last door on the right. Stay on this hall and you'll find it." I told the blonde.

"Thanks Dean. Do you want me to keep an eye on her? I don't think you can wrestle with her in your arms?" She offered.

"Thank you so much! I owe you Renee." I kissed Marlee's forehead before giving her to Renee. "Behave Marlee."

"Come on!" Seth grabbed my arm pulling me away.

"How about a date?" She spoke.

"You got it!" I winked at her as I was being dragged away.