Wendy's

Late at night, for some reason I had a craving. Of Wendy's chicken nuggets. Why? I have no idea. I never had them before. They're aren't very healthy but they sounded good. I grabbed my phone, keys, and wallet and headed off into the city to find a Wendy's. I lived close to an arena so the streets were packed with fans of some sorts. I seen a bunch of Seth Rollins t-shirts. Hmmm? Why do I keep thinking of him? I feel like I know him. Or that I should know him. But I don't. I sigh and head in to the fast food place.

"Can I get a salad and a water please?"  I order and pay. Once I have my food I go find a place to sit. That's when I bumped into him. "Oops so sorry sir!" I apologize.

"Wow first New Yorker that apologizes." He laughs. Then he actually looks at me and grew pale. 

"Are you okay? You don't look so good."

"I.. I'm fine...." he stumbles with his words. His hands were shaky.

"Okay then. Have a nice night." I smile and headed to an empty table. After a minute or two I look up across from me and see that that guy joined me at my table. He had a fountain drink and a bag of food.

"What? It's packed and it's the only available seat." He smirked at me. I look around the empty restaurant. "Here. Eat something real for once." He handed me a box of chicken nuggets.

"I can't eat that!" I stare at it then back at him.

"Sure you can! I got extra." He pulled out another box from his bag. He opened his box and ate one. I opened it and seen the beautiful nuggets. They smelled and looked so familiar and so yummy. Maybe just one.

"Who are you?" I ask as I continue to look at the mouthwatering food in front of me.

"I'm yo... I'm Dean." He introduced himself.

"Marlee." I smile at him.

"Nice to meet you Marlee." He choked out. "Try one. They're delicious." I picked one up and nibbled at the deep fried chicken. It was delicious. "So?" He chuckled. His chuckle sounded familiar to me. Like I heard it before.

"It's alright." I shrug putting it down and going back to my salad.

Dean's POV
I walked into Wendy's and saw her. I knew it was her. She grew up amazing. Tall, skinny and pretty. Looks like she could be smart. I was too busy staring at her to see her run into me.

"Oops. Sorry sir!" She apologizes. She had manners. That's good.

"Wow first New Yorker to apologize." I stupidly say back. I'm mentally slapping myself.

"Are you okay? You don't look so good." Awe she cares!! Wait. Shit!

"I... I'm fine." I lie. I need to get out of here. I can't be talking to her.

"Well have a good night then." Then she walks off with her salad and water to eat at a table alone.

"I can help you over here!" The lady at the counter spoke up. I go and order.

"Diet Coke and two six pack of nuggets. Oh and a fry." I hand her the money. They put my food in a bag and I start to head for the door. Only to find myself sitting down at Marlee's table. She glanced up and looked surprised at me. "What? It's packed and this is the only available seat." I smirk. "Here. Eat something real for once." I hand her a box of chicken nuggets.

"I can't eat that!" She stares at me. She used to love these things.

"Sure you can! I got extra." I pulled out the other box and ate one. She opened her box and looked at the golden treats like she was tempted to try one.

"Who are you?" She doesn't know who I am? I'm your father Marlee!

"I'm yo..." I can't tell her that! "Dean."

"Marlee."

"Nice to meet you Marlee." I cringed inside. "Try one. They're delicious." I noticed she hadn't touched a nugget. She picked one up and nibbled like she did when she was younger. "So?" I chuckled.

"It's alright." She shrugged as she put it down and went back to her salad.

"Well I should get going. It was nice meeting you Marlee. I hope I can see you again." I stood up and left. I couldn't take it anymore. There was so much I wanted to say. To ask. To tell her. But I couldn't. She needs to figure out who I am on her own. I had missed out on 15 years of her life, she must hate me! I know I would. Actually I do know. I hate myself for missing out. I wish I could have not drove that day. Or had quit when I was going to. Or even got back together with Kacy. Anything to be able to avoid me missing my baby growing up.
.
.
.
"Where'd you go?" Roman questioned as soon as I walked through the door.

"Out for food. Where's Seth? I need to tell you guys something."

"He's out. What's up man?"

"I talked to Marlee." I blurt. He was pale with shock and surprise. "She doesn't know who I am. And she doesn't like nuggets anymore."

"Did you tell her?" He sat on the edge of his seat.

"I told her that my name is Dean. That's it. I couldn't tell her that I'm her dad!"

"Good. Because she might not like to hear that. You don't know how her life is."

"She seemed happy. Very polite and kind."

"So? That could be a cover up. Are you going to see her again?"

"I hope so. I want to. You know she's tall? Taller than me!"

"Really?"

"She might have been wearing heels. Not sure exactly. But she looks tall." He laughs at me.

"Well now I gotta meet her."