Next Day

"You kissed him?!?" Sheila gasped over the screen. We were FaceTimeing and I told her about last night.

"Yes! But he didn't kiss back! Did I do it wrong? Does he not like me? I'm going crazy over here!"

"Chill girl! Why don't you just ask him! He might be gay."

"No. I doubt he would. I know gay! I grew up with two dads!"

"True. Well then I don't know. Ask him."

"I guess. So umm I told Michael that I want to find my real parents."

"Oh no! How'd he take it?"

"Awful. He said that him and Ryan are my real parents. He wants no part in this."

"Does Ryan know yet?"

"Yes. He called me that night and tried to peacefully figure out why I want to find out."

"And?"

"I told him that I wanna know who I am."

"Is it cause your sexy new boyfriend Seth?"

"No! He just got me thinking about it. And he's not my boyfriend."

"Uh huh!" She laughs. I stick my tongue out at her and she does the same. "I gotta go. I have work. Talk later?"

"Yeah bye girly!" I hang up and fall back into my bed. I couldn't sleep last night. All I could think about was Seth. I sigh and grab my phone. I get on Instagram and see his recent post.

Throwback to when babysitting was my second job

Throwback to when babysitting was my second job. 👶👶

I had to look at the picture again. I vaguely remember that couch. Once I continue to look at the picture I begin to remember that day.

"Marlee stay here with Uckie. I have some things to do. Okay?" Dad said setting me down on the couch.

"Daddy! I wanna go with you!" I cried.

"Awe sweetie we're gonna have so much fun today!" Someone said. Probably my uncle. I threw a tantrum and then someone with strong arms picked me up.

"Marlee! Stop it. I need you to be a big girl and stay here."

I couldn't remember the rest. I didn't know why seeing Seth sleeping on a couch made me remember that.
.
.
.
Hey dad! Just wanted to let you know that I'm okay. Love and miss you 😘-Marlee.

Morning princess. Miss you too! -Ryan.

Are you mad about me wanting to find where I'm from? -Marlee.

No not at all. I understand your need to do this. It hurts me so much. But if you want to find them. I support you 100%. Just don't get your hopes up too high princess. -Ryan.

I don't know where to start dad.- Marlee.

You were born in Nevada. Try looking there first. Check court records and hospital records. That's all I can tell you without upsetting Michael. -Ryan.

"Thanks love you guys! -Marlee.

I booked a flight to Las Vegas hoping to find something.