Phone

"So this guy just calls you and asks if you want to grab some coffee?" Shelia repeated over the phone.

"Yes! Its so weird. I feel like I already know him. That's why I said yes." I flop onto my bed.

"Is he hot?" She giggled. I rolled my eyes and thought for a moment. I pictured his perfect fit body and his gorgeous brown eyes. "Mars? Hello? Are you dreaming about him?" Sheila woke me from my thoughts.

"Yeah... I guess he is sort of hot." I play it cool knowing she'll be annoyed by it.

"Gosh Marlee! What you told me already, you're falling for him. Just go out with him!"

"But Sheila! He's older than me!! He could be my dad!"

"But he isn't. But he could be able to make you call him daddy," she jokes. I blush instantly trying to imagine it.

"Shut up!"

"Let me know how it goes girly!" Shelia laughs.

"Love you bye!" I tell my bestie before hanging up. I text Seth back.

Hey Seth! I would love to grab a coffee with you. And maybe a cookie too 😉 -Marlee.

I read my message again and realized how much of an idiot I was. I mentally hit myself for sending it.

That's great! Would tomorrow work? I'm only in town for a few days. -Seth.

Sure. Wanna meet me at Starbucks say 10? -Marlee.

Ten is perfect 👌-Seth.

I grin as I read our messages over again. I can't believe I'm going out with this man.

So how was work today? -Seth.

Was aweful. It was my first day and I got fired. My dad is pretty pissed. He got me the job and I blew it. -Marlee.

Oh.... how'd you get fired? You seem like a smart girl. -Seth.

I went off on someone. And then realized it my boss. Haha I guess I'm not that smart 😂 -Marlee.

So what kind of job was it? - Seth.

An intern at some fashion magazine. I didn't want it. I don't want to go into fashion. And I really don't want to go back home. -Marlee.

"Well what do you want? -Seth.

Honestly I don't know. I know what I don't want. To go into either of my dads' line of work. Medication and Fashion. -Marlee.

You just need to find what your passionate about. -Seth.

Yeah I guess I do. It's hard though. I barley know where I'm from. I know I'm adopted. But all I know is that my biological parents weren't fit to raise me so I went into foster care. -Marlee.

Do you remember anything from being with your real parents? -Seth.

Not really. But I was told I was in car accident with my real dad and almost died. My foster dad told me that. He was an EMT at the scene. -Marlee.

That's it? -Seth.

Yup which explains why I hate riding in cars. Driving is fine because I have control but being a passenger... 👎 -Marlee.

Ever thought of trying to find your real parents? -Seth.

No. I think it was best that I was taken from them. They sound like aweful people. And besides I'm happy with the two dads I have. I don't need them. -Marlee.