Totally The 'It' Couple

- Above - Sirius Black

If it's one thing that Sirius is 100% sure on; is that James and Lily are totally the 'it' couple at Hogwarts. It's been two weeks since school officially started, and people just can't seem to get enough of them. It doesn't help that they're just as adorable online as they are offline, as both of their Instagrams are the definition of what teenage girls go to when they want to cry over their single lives.

They're not over the top with their relationship though; they're pretty private around other people and are one of the only couples in the school who aren't trying to fuck each other in the middle of the corridors.

Sirius doesn't know how James does it. James seems to have this whole relationship thing down to a 'T', and understands Lily better than anyone else in the entire world. Just the way he looks at her shows that he's completely head over heels for her, and he treats her the exact same. Lily's the same, they're a carbon copy of each other, and so undoubtedly in love with each other that it makes Sirius want to scream.

It's not that he doesn't like Lily - fuck it, he's in love with her too (in a different way obviously but still) and if James hadn't started dating her Sirius can guarantee he would be tripping over himself to make sure Lily doesn't up and leave them all one day. Lily is a complete angel too, despite being the centre operator of their pranks nowadays, and when it comes to Sirius he can tell that she's as protective of him as he is to her.

Which is why he's glad she finds him in the beginning of what might be a panic attack one night. He couldn't sleep, not with his bed right next to Remus' and the boy in question looking too damn good in the midst of sleep. He had found himself in the empty Gryffindor common room, thinking about every bad thing that could possibly happen because of his feelings towards Remus and then it got too hard to breathe. The air was too thick, too heavy for his lungs and he felt like he was dying.

He was full on crying when Lily rushed down the stairs and gripped his hand. He didn't question how she knew what to do; but she seemed to know that trying to hug him was out the question, and kept a small distance between them, only holding his hand tightly and firmly telling him to breathe. She wasn't being dandy with him, and when he choked out that he was dying she held a heavy glare to him. She pushed him to breathe through his nose and out of his mouth until he could breathe properly, and then cradled him into her chest when he had calmed down properly.

"It's okay." She whispered into his hair. "I've got you Si, let it out."

Let it out.

Other than his boys, no one had ever told Sirius to just 'let it out'. It was always 'suck it up' or 'stop acting like a girl'. He was always acting tougher than he actually was because of those words, but hearing Lily tell him that it was alright to let everything out he broke down all over again.

When it was all over, they moved to the arm chair by the lit fireplace. Lily sat on his lap, playing with his hair and Sirius lent his head against her collarbone, and he found himself spilling everything to her without a second thought. Lily just carried on playing with his hair through it all, asking questions every now and again to clear things up that she was unsure on and then when he was finished she stayed silent for a moment.

"That's okay, Sirius." She said gently. Sirius pulled away from her and shook his head, not meeting her eyes.

"It's not!" He exclaimed. "I'm in love with my freaking best friend, Lily! How is that possibly okay?!"

Lily directed his gaze to her and she was holding a heavy stare at him... but it wasn't cruel or scary, but warm and understanding which baffles but comforts Sirius at the same time.