Traffic Jams (Lestrade)

A/N: Before we start this, can we just take a minute to appreciate the GIF^^ XD

The car was now at a complete stop in afternoon traffic after work. A long, very boring day at work. And you just wanted to be at home, watching Doctor Who with your boyfriend Greg who was driving you home at this very moment. All you could hear was the sound of horns blaring and squeaky breaks from outside of the car. You sighed and put your head against the headrest, making your desperate need to get home more obvious. He sighed along with you, leaning back a bit in his seat while the traffic showed no signs of starting up any time soon. Out of pure boredom, you turned on the radio, desperate for some form of entertainment right now.

"AND I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUUU!"

You gasped when you heard the song came on and started to loudly sing along, not caring about the bewildered expression your boyfriend had on his face.

"Really?" He asked over the sound of the music and you looked at him with a surprised expression because he questioned you.

"Yes really." You say, being a little overdramatic before sighing when you realized he didn't want to hear you sing. So you stared out of the window boredly, pouting ever so slightly.

"AND I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOUUUU!"

Your head immediately turned when you heard Greg's slightly terrible signing voice over the speaker and you burst out laughing and joined him, laughing into every word you sang.

"AND I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOOOUUU!" Both of you sang and hit the really high note just as the song ended and you both burst into laughter after it ended.

"I didn't know you could sing like that." You tease, poking Greg in the arm playfully.

"Well I wasn't always a cop love." He said back with a believable smile that made you laugh.

A different song came on and your eyes went the size of bowling balls and you both squealed in excitement, fangirling a bit.

"CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SOOOOON! THERE'll BE PEACE WHEN YOU ARE GONE! LAY YOUR WEARY HEAD TO REST! DON'T YOU CRY NO MORE!" You sang at the absolute top of your lungs and you were pretty sure the people in the other cars were getting upset with you because number one, neither of you could sing. At all. And number two, everyone could hear you. But you didn't care. And basically explained the air guitar competition you had during every guitar solo in that song until the very end.

After another laugh, you looked out the window when you thought it was over but...

That's when you heard your boyfriend squeal like a fanboy at a Selena Gomez concert.

"I KNOW YOU LOVE ME! I KNOW YOU CARE!"

You looked at him with the most horrified expression on your face, mainly because of the fangirl attack he just had.

"BABY, BABY, BABY! OOOOH!" He sang as loud as his vocal chords would allow and you just looked at him with a lightly disturbed look on your face.

"What?" He asked when he looked at you, trying not to burst out laughing.

"You like Justin Bieber?!" You ask, finding THAT a bit ridiculous. Even more ridiculous than his fangirling that made you think he was more hormonal than you were at times.

"Umm... Yeah." He said, a bit embarrassed when he realized that you didn't.

You laughed but covered your mouth to try and stifle it.

"Hey, what's so funny huh?" He asked, trying not to laugh himself.

"You? Justin Bieber?" You laugh, on the verge of tears. "That's something I wouldn't have expected love."

"Well I'm full of surprises you know." He said with a wink.

You rolled your eyes playfully. "Don't get ahead of yourself love."

"Yes ma'am." He said jokingly.

You giggled and you saw the cars ahead of you start to move.

"Finally!" You say in relief and let's just say you didn't stop singing all the way home.