Past the Point of No Return (Moriarty)

So.... DeducingAngel and I wrote this a few months ago and I just never got the chance to post it! She wrote most of it, but we both came up with the storyline together! So, enjoy guys!

-------

The music was your partner at the moment. Drawing in and conducting your every move. You sang your parts perfectly with the recorded voice, continuing the movements as if your partner, William had been there. You placed a hand on the shoulder of the nonexistent man, and lifted your hand as if it were in his. It didn't take long for your fantasies to take hold of reality, as soon it wasn't your co-star, but your older brother's boss, the man who owned the house you were currently residing, the most dangerous man on the planet. Those devilish eyes burned into your own, as he whisked you around the room, stopping suddenly, about to have that magical moment for Christine and the phantom. The day-dream was shattered by the clicking of Italian leather on the marble hallway floors. Moriarty. You lunged for your glock, and slid onto your bed, and took it apart, cleaning and examining. Technically, you didn't work for Moriarty, so even if you were caught dancing, there was nothing he could do, it was more of not wanting to explain why you were doing it. The creaking of the hinges alerted you to the presence of the charming villain. You glanced up, but immediately busied yourself with your weapon. The sight of him in that plain black Westwood, his skull-patterned tie, and him, overall, it was too much."Hello, James. Going somewhere?" You asked casually, but the pounding of your heart ringing through your ears made it difficult to decipher his answer. "I'm going on a date this evening, but you also seem to be dressing nicer than usual, what's the occasion?" He asked, annoyed. Seemed you had been doing that a lot lately, and to you, it was because you had been always one step ahead recently, which annoyed him. Truth being, he was simply trying to push you away. Away from his mind, as far as possible from his heart. The word 'date' struck you like lightning, quick and painfully. A date? With whom? Was he actually interested in her..? He had tried everything to get your attention, waiting for you to show even the slightest interest, but always nothing. This was his last try, his last heave to push the boulder off the cliff, to see if it quaked the ground below, if it quaked your heart. And oh did your heart quake. It left a deep rift in the base of your heart, the vibrations casing more such cracks to rise to the surface, yet somehow the gentle hills kept the water from the lakes from overflowing and spilling out into the real world."I'm going out this evening, I believe it's the reason I informed I'd be missing dinner. If I recall, I informed I'd be out with William tonight." Sure, he had tried to keep you away from his heart, but fact of the matter was, you owned it. Not only that, you abused it. Words like that sent him spiraling downwards, and you neglected to even notice it. "As long as his middle name isn't Sherlock..." He sang, sending a small smile to your lips. He tried not to let his usual confident smirk falter, but as your eyes gazed away for a bit, trying to think of the words to say, the smirk turned into an expression of emptiness. The hole that had been in his heart for so long had always seemed to fill itself with the gentle toss of your hair, the snarky morning comments most dared not say, and the radiant glow of your reassuring smile."I'm not stupid, I don't want to be skinned!" You joked back, and though he laughed, it also hurt. The thought that you even considered the possibility that he'd hurt you. The fact that there was a chance you feared him. You were the one person he didn't want to fear him, and if you did, it would be the final blow. He slunk out and you speedily reassembled your gun. Rolling off your bed, you grabbed the shoes you needed, and your purse, which mainly contained some casual attire, and three well-concealed weapons. You rearranged your tee and leggings, and put the heels in the bag, next to the deep black, high top converse. With everything you needed cramped in your bag, you grabbed your phone from the night stand, and hopped into your sleek black flats, going over the light skips and twirls in your head. Once at the bottom of the stairs, you noticed a woman, dressed in a very revealing navy dress. It went to about her mid thigh, it almost looked as if it were made from spandex, and it was evident from how the straps laid, the dress wasn't supposed to be that short. Her raven hair with Crimson undertones cascaded down her shoulders like swirls of blood, and she had a tear-drop necklace, that seemed to be made of diamonds. Her ivy eyes paired well with the gorgeous winged eyeliner. She was about your height, but her heels were higher than your flats, so she seemed much taller, about Moriarty's height. He walked in, hair slicked back and those eyes that knew every secret. Every secret, that is, except for yours. "Ah, Violet, this is y/n, and Ms. Moran, this is Violet Monroe, my date for this evening." You shook the lovely woman's hand, despite wanting to tear it from her arm, and she stared at you with a look of recognition."I'm sorry, you just look so familiar... Have you ever done acting? Perhaps in New York?" Her voice was softer than satin, but you nearly froze. Moriarty snorted, deeming the idea ridiculous. "I have been told I look very similar to an actress, yes, but I'm afraid I don't have the time nor the talent." You dismissed the woman's thought."Well, I must be off, I'm expected." You rushed out of there, jealousy and fear pumping through you, to where you didn't know if it was the tardiness making you sprint, or the adrenaline. Your thoughts quickly made their way back to him. Where could he be taking her? Was he... In love with her? He seemed very pleased with taking her out. Was it wrong that you hated her, with everything in you? Forcing the thoughts to halt, you came upon the theatre, and rushed in, quickly getting the dress and heels on, allowing women to do your makeup, and even more to curl and pin your hair.