Sweet Melodies (Sherlock) (Part 1?)

(I got the idea for this one shot from this song! I highly recommend listening to the song up abouve while reading this for extra drama ;) I hope you like it!) P.S this is a really sad one shot, so grab a box of tissues while you still can! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

You felt desperate and mournful tears come to your eyes as you sat on the piano bench in your flat, looking down at the piano keys in front of you while you felt your emotions start to take over. You were angry. Sad. Mournful. Even still, even after all this time...

You gently pressed one of the keys to hear its soft sound. You then pressed another key... And then another, and another until single keys became a melody of short, sharp notes that your trembling hands played, sometimes missing a note or two causing you to press the wrong key. But after hitting a few sharp, off key notes you choked out a sob and buried your face in your hands.

'Get yourself together...' You thought.

He was gone...

You couldn't put yourself back together. Simply, because he was gone....

Just like everything else that was good in your life you felt. His soft, inviting touch, warm lips, and smooth voice that would gently hush you back to sleep after a nightmare or that would ramble off observations from his deductions. He was the best thing that had happened to you.

You gently put your shaking hands on the cool, ivory keys before plating a song you had been working on before- Well before... You know. And before you knew it your hands were swiftly running over the piano, hitting all the correct notes to complete your beautiful, sweet melody.

And his eyes... Bright blue and analytical. Always admiring you like you were the most precious thing on this earth. Like the most beautiful flower or diamond he had ever laid eyes on. And that exactly what you were to him. And you knew it all too well.

You soon were bashing the keys, the song at its crescendo and you didn't care who heard your song that was passion filled and flowed like a river. Flawlessly and swiftly carrying from note to note. It was a beautiful song. And it was yours. It was your lament. Dedicated to him. And it was almost as if you could hear him. Playing his famous violin right beside you, each note perfectly harmonizing with yours.

Tears flowed from your eyes recklessly, blurring you vision of the keys at the sad vision of the rooftop...

The fall...

Even though it was an eternity ago, it still ate at you, from the very core of your being, and everyday it seemed harder to contain. Every tear, the heartbreak.... You felt like if you spoke to anyone about it, they would judge you and that would only make it worse. So you simply didn't say a word. And everything seemed okay to them.

And you were alright with that.

But nothing was okay right now. You were more broken now than the day it happened, and only you knew that.

Before the song even had a chance to end, you found yourself in the same position you were when you started. Your face dug into your hands as you let your tears melt everything you had contained for so long. For weeks, months, years. And to you it felt like an eternity.

But that's when you heard something from outside... Footsteps softly approaching you. It was probably John so you didn't care. You didn't bother to look up. To show your face to him in a state like this.

"That was beautiful. Just like every other time I heard you play."

You slowly turn and look behind you when you hear that voice... And it was him. Sherlock.

A/N: So that's all I have for this one shot! What do guys think about a part 2? Did you like this one? If not, what could've been different? Could it have been longer? Let me know in the comments!

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ!

So in case you guys didn't know, I am putting a story in The Watty's this year!!!  WHOOO! So if updates are a bit late, I'm so sorry! I really want to make it as far as I can and really do well so I'm gonna put a lot of work into that story! So thanks for supporting me all the way because you guys have really made me happy with being back and that's more than what I could have asked for! So thank you all again and because this chapter is at the 3k mark, I will get the challenge done for the next update!

THANK YOU!!!!!