A King With No Rivals (Moriarty)

Okay guys, this is NOT and I repeat, IS NOT and X Reader! But, this is the one shot that has been possibly the hardest one shot I've ever written. But I do think it's one of the best I've written nonetheless. So, hopefully you guys feel the same!

Also, I made a book for this because it is for a contest, so I'll be sure to keep you guys posted!

Oh and before you guys read, I just want to thank drayizzle and unicornwhovian for helping me through my many hours of writers block and also helping me with ideas for this! Seriously, like I couldn't have finished this without them guys, so go show them some love!

----------

Word count: 2018

-----------

3 Suicides? No links? This Mystery Leaves Detectives Baffled!

Every headline seemed to start like this... The same old, same old. 'The police are baffled! Oh no! 3 suicides? How did this happen?'

When will they ever realize that they'll never win?

Perhaps I should introduce myself. I'm Moriarty. James Moriarty. But please, call me Jim. Its a lot less... Oh I don't know, stiff. Formal. Proper, if you will.

And if you hadn't guessed already I am a criminal. But, the thing you didn't know, but you most definitely need to know, is that I am the King. The King of Crime I'd like to call myself. And others seem to disagree with the title I've given myself. They prefer to call me the "Consulting Criminal." And well, for once they got it right.

3 Break Ins, But Nothing Stolen?  What's the Consulting Criminal 's motive for madness?

I slip on my famous Westwood jacket, the black color fitting the rather dramatic occasion. My next job was one that I couldn't mess up. Let's just say this this was all a part of the game. A very important game: the game of chess that the British government, A.K.A Mycroft Holmes, and I are playing at this very moment. And we've been dueling for quite some time now.

Some people would call this man a rival, but I'd hardly call this man a rival because of his basic clockwork that he thinks can take me out. It makes me laugh really. I don't think he realizes just how big my kingdom is, how powerful my armies are and how all of his horses and all of his men can't even begin to take me out.

But, today... Today is the final move. The check mate. The solution to our problem.

The final problem.

Today was where the pinnacle, most important moves would be made, and I was not throwing away the opportunity to make the biggest move.

And if you're confused, let me explain, but I'm only going to say it once, so listen close.

Mister Holmes wants to take me out. And of course, I cant let that happen. And if you're smart, you know that if you mess with me, you'll most certainly regret it. And because he didn't listen this little feud of ours has turned into a game of chess which he takes a wee bit too lightly. So, as I said, the problem ends today.

Crime Of the Century? James Moriarty is back at it again!

I look in the mirror at my appearance, and I have to admit I didn't look to bad. My slick black suit complemented my mischievous ebony eyes and hair that was neatly combed back, not one hair out of place. It was definitely my style: Westwood suits, Oxford shoes... I was refined to say the least. Well, you get the idea.