NEW STORY SNEAK PEEK!

A/N: Hey guys, remember that new book I was telling you about last night? Yeah? Well guess what? This is the first chapter of my new book The Beauty and The Beast! I know what you're thinking, this is just another ad for a new book. I do this all the time... No! This time its different because this is a Moriarty X Reader and the first chapter is right here for you to read! So if you like this, I will be posting the whole story on my Vatican_Cameos221 FanFiction account so you can go give them a quick follow if you want to be up to date with this new book!

Now, without further ado. This is the first chapter of The Beauty and The Beast!

~~~~~~~~~~

I pushed my horse to her fastest pace, rain and wind bitterly stinging my focused eyes as I looked out at the long, winding maze of trees that lied before me. But I wasn't focused on the pain of the distance between me and my destination. I was focused on saving my father. I had to get to that palace or castle or whatever the letter said it was. See? I cant even think clearly. I have to save my father. My sweet and kind father who seemed more like an angel from heaven t help me through this life.

And for him to be gone like this is unacceptable...

~~~~~~~~~~

*3 months earlier*

I sighed contently as the light breeze cooled my toasty, sun kissed skin, closing my eyes to take it all in. The golden sunbeams hitting the cool grass, the breeze rustling the leaves of the tall, sturdy oak I was sitting in, making me feel at ease. This was one of the calmer days in my usually chaotic life with my 2 clingy sisters constantly demanding for my undivided attention and pleading for the wealth to move back from where we came. Ugh, why were they like that? It never make sense to me. They always had to drag me into their complaints, saying that they envied me and didn't understand how I was already so adapted to this life.

Let me explain.

A few months ago, my father... Well, lets just say our family got into some financial troubles and we had to move away. And the life we had before is what some people would call 'glamorous.' Fancy parties hosted by my father, common everyday things were luxuries compared to what others had, and we could actually eat at every meal. But unfortunately, that went away in a spiraling downhill. The parties stopped and filled our once joyful house became abruptly silent once we had lost our fortune and our luxuries were downgraded, including our house. Which is why I'm now here, in a small cottage in the countryside, working to help my father while my other sisters lazily sloth around the house all day, envying the things they wish they had but doing noting about it.

I'll never understand.

But every now and then, Father will go on a trip for work and the past few times, he offered to bring us a gift home! And believe me, my sisters take advantage of that offer. Asking for reminders of the way we were, dresses and jewels, and things like that. And of course those past few times I politely refused.

But before Father left this time, he asked each of us what gift he would get us while he was away, and he had to practically beg for me to say something I wanted because I never really wanted anything except for his safe travel. But I agreed, while my sisters begged for things like perfume, jewels, and dresses, I wanted a rose. That's right, a rose. A simple gesture, but one that he couldn't provide last time because of the cold. So I asked for the same thing this time and maybe he could succeed this time. And with that, he left with only a quick kiss on the top of my head and a small goodbye. And then he was gone.

But its been two long and miserable months since that day and I can't help but be a little worried. I missed me Father, yes, but something felt wrong to me... Maybe it was just that this trip was a bit longer than the rest and my sisters complaining is making feel more miserable.

Yeah, that must be it.

I sighed as I quickly hopped out of the tree and onto the soft ground so I could go back home because the sun was unfortunately setting, giving me my queue to go back home, as much as I didn't want to. But at least the walk home was short, down a sturdy, beaten trail through a small stretch of woods which was now lit by the golden sunset. It was a beautiful sight really, and one of the may things I enjoyed about living in a new place. Even though I came from a place that was from another world it seemed.

But, eventually, I did make it back home and I was met by my two sisters, Margaret, or Peggy as a nickname, and Elizabeth, but father usually calls her Eliza or Lizzy. They were doing their usual round of complaining and lazily moping around the house, but when they saw me, their eyes lit up.

"A letter came for you!" They said in unison, like they haven't been able to talk for days on end until I walked into the house. The house was cozy and dainty, mostly pale, worn brick walls and dusty wooden floors with a few rugs that were the only things that gave off any color.

I went over to the firewood stash and grabbed a few hunks of the wood in the pile, careful not get a splintered piece before going over to the fireplace to start a fire before it got too cold that night. "From who?" I ask, getting on my knees in front of the ashy, old fireplace.

"Umm... Well." Lizzy said dumbly, looking at the opal envelope with a puzzled expression before helplessly looking at her sister for a reply who simply shrugged.

"What she means to say is..." Peggy started, standing tall like she was about to say something so extremely intelligent I wouldn't understand. But... That failed.

Badly.

"We have no idea." Peggy admitted, hanging her head in clear embarrassment and probably disappointment.

I put my hand on my forehead and sighed, shaking my head. "Well let me see the letter and maybe I can figure it out." I say, holding out my hand.

The two girls gave each other a look. More like a smirk really as if they had come up with something brilliant. "Well, what's in it for us?" Peggy asked, putting a hand on her corseted hip.

"Yeah... What's in it for us?" Eliza repeated, raising a brow while holding the letter just out of my grasp.

I sighed. "What do you want?" I ask. Why was I letting this happen...

"Hmm... Well I want you to clean my room. And be sure to make it spotless." Peggy demanded, holding her chin up high.

Who am I? Cinderella?

"Okay fine." I say, figuring whatever this letter said would be worth a little bit of work, and I tried to grab the letter but Eliza pulled it away.

What did she want?

"And I want you to..." She started and then started to think. Oh great....

"I want you to let me borrow your yellow dress until father gets home." She said, wearing the same expression that Peggy had.

"Fine. Now can I please have the letter?" I asked, impatiently holding my hand out.

"Yes you may." Eliza said smugly, giving me the letter before both girls left, giving me the opportunity to rip it open.

This is what it said:

'Dear Beauty,'

Wait. Lets stop right there... Beauty is what my father always called me and he never sent letters when he was away. He couldn't and he never used a wax seal when he wrote me... I knew something was wrong!

'I need your help. While I was on the road I got lost and was taken to a castle where a man lives. I have never seen this man before, but he's taken me and won't let me leave.

(Y/N) please help me.'

Oh no...

I have to get to that castle.

~~~~~~~~~~

So how was that? Give me a quick comment and vote if you liked it and want to see more of it! And if you want to see the whole story, go to Vatican_Cameos221 and give them a follow if you want to keep up with each update!

Thank you guys!

Love ya!