A Sky Full Of Stars (Sherlock)

Word count: 1357

---------

"Where are we going?" You asked for about the nineteenth time as you hopped into the worn black seats of the toasty black cab, the smell of mild cigarette ash filling your nose. It was a bit chilly outside so the sudden warmth made you feel a bit more relaxed and not to mention a lot warmer.

Sherlock sighed, seeming irritated by your persistent nosiness because you had kept asking about where you were headed. He had just dragged you out of Baker Street for some important adventure you just had to come along on. And it was strange because John wasn't going, even though he had absolutely nothing to do and actually wanted to come along with us..."For the hundredth time I'm not telling you." He said, ruffling those dark, slightly sexy- no very sexy curls of his.

"Sheeeerrrrllll." You whined, leaning your head back against the heated, old leather seats while you kept your intent, child eyes locked on the ebony curled detective.

Okay, to be honest, you had always liked him. From the moment he first tried to deduce you, those analytical blue and green eyes painted with spots of brilliant gold... You could go on forever... He had always tried to mess with you to see what you were feeling, and you caught onto it only once when he had intentionally made it obvious. You just kinda shrugged it off, never even thinking about the possibility of him having the same feelings for him. No way. He was the brilliant sociopath detective who was more machine than man. There was no logical way he could have feelings, and especially not lovey dovey feelings.

No way.

"Okay, I'll tell you." He said with a sigh, your whining seeming to break him. Hey, you night have to try that more often. It seemed to work pretty well. Your ears perked up like an excited puppy, eyes widening with an eager childlike wonder to know what he had planned.

He leaned in a little, and you started to get nervous... Was he going to kiss you? Oh God! You weren't ready, you were thinking about every possible thing that could go wrong here...

What if you had to sneeze?

What if you had bad breath?

What if you missed his lips?!

You had never kissed anyone before and you would be willing to bet Sherlock hadn't but he was still somehow going to be a master at it.

He would be The Master of Kissing.

Somehow you just knew it. He was good at everything. And you mean EVERYTHING.

Well except cooking... That wasn't such a good memory...

Anyways, back to the story. Your brain raced with every possible way out of this and you tried to think, tried to move, but you couldn't. He leaned in closer... and closer until his beautiful face was only inches away from yours...

"It's a surprise."

You gave him a mean, pouting glare while he smirked at you. That was just not okay... And you knew he didn't care. Just because he was Sherlock.

What an asshole...

You crossed your toasty arms and looked out the foggy window and out to the lamp lit streets of the quiet city. It was never usually this quiet, this calm... It was nice really. It was never like this, Not even at Backer Street! Sherlock was always up to something, whether it was experimenting on old body parts or shooting the wall out of pure boredom, and unfortunately, that happened quite frequently and Ms.Hudson wasn't too happy about that to say the least.

Sherlock frowned, even though you didn't see it, but he saw how upset you were and he actually felt a little bad. He was just playing around because he did have special planned for you two, but he just didn't want to tell you. NO ONE knew, not even his partner in solving crime, John Hamish Watson.

And that meant that this was important.

You finally realized that you weren't headed to any place you were familiar with... this was getting pretty weird and you weren't sure what to think...

But after a short, quick cab ride, the cab came to a stop and while you were trying to figure out where he heck you were, Sherlock opened your door for you. Okay, this was weird... What was going on with him?

He held out his hand and you curiously took it so he could help you out of the car.

"I know you have questions." He said after he helped you out of the car. And of course, he was right. You did have questions, and quite a few of them really.

"Yeah... What are we doing here?" You asked, looking around and you were at the base of a rocky hill underneath the starry skies.

"Do you trust me?" He asked, kind of ignoring your question.

You gave him a look, now more confused, but also more curious that you ever had been that night. But you still had no idea what was going on even though you had been attempting to put all the pieces together but you had failed every time you thought you were onto something. So this was the only way to find out...

"Yes..." You said, your voice clearly confused and slightly uneasy.

"Okay." He said and went behind you to cover your eyes with his chilled hands.

You stiffened a little at his closeness and the fact that you couldn't see anything. That was a bit unsettling.

"I've got you, relax." He whispered in your ear in a raspy, and honestly, quite sexy whisper, making your cheeks burn with a tint of scarlet.

"O-okay." You said, stuttering a little from the sudden shock you were experiencing.

He carefully told you which ways to go and where to step and it took a good ten minutes for him to lead you to the very top of the hill. He didn't let you trip or fall one time on the way and

"Okay, you ready?" He asked, and you were positive he was just using that whisper on purpose.

"Yeah." You replied simply. You had waited long enough to see what was going on and you were a mix of excited and a little anxious. Well its Sherlock and you could never know what he had planned.

When he let you see again... It was beautiful. The hill gave a beautiful view of the city and sky. The sky was inky black and peppered with bright stars... This was the most beautiful thing you had ever seen.

"Woah..." You sighed, your warm breath visible in the frigid breeze. This was amazing... "This is beautiful.."

You were oblivious to your curly haired detective buddy looking at you, admiring you because he had secretly loved you. And he was trying to see if you felt the same. And this... Well this was his way of seeing if you truly like him back.

"Yeah... You really are."

Your heart skipped a beat or two. Did he really just call you beautiful? You looked at him with a mild surprise making up your expression and a quiet shock filling your eyes. You had tried to think of why he brought you here, but to tell you that he thought you were beautiful and that he loved you is the last thing you had expected.

"(Y/N)... I didn't know how to tell you this, but... I love you. And I have since the moment I first met you.. And I've wanted tell you, but I've never really-um... Loved anyone before." He said, and he seemed nervous to tell you all this. But you were still stuck on the fact that... He really loved you...

You had no words even though your mind was racing with them, millions of questions and protests and feelings all racing around in your brain. But it wasn't what you said that was so bold, but what you did.

You bravely stepped up and kissed him, knowing that this was the only way you could express your feelings and he kissed back, putting his hands on the small of your back so he could hold you and know that this was real.

This was love.

---------

Hey guys, sorry if that was too fluffy or cliché or short, I really needed to get an update done and I've been SUPER BUSY lately so I AM SORRY!

But f you did like it, be sure to give it a vote and maybe a quick comment! Also, voting for DUF will start on Wednesdays and end on Thursdays at 12p.m Eastern time! So be sure to go give that vote tomorrow!