Make Ups and Break Ups (LestradeXNora)

Requested by norakibal ! Hope you guys like it!

----------

You casually took another sip of from your glass and the sweet taste of red wine soothed your mild flare of anger that had slowly started to burn in you.

He was late.... Again.

You had been waiting here, in your flat for 20 minutes and he still wasn't here. Why was this always happening? Either you two weren't together or Greg was complaining about something, well some excuse as to why he couldn't spend time with you anymore and why he was always so "tired."

This had been going on for months now and it had started to sound like BS to you. Because it was always the same excuse.

'I had to stay at work late.'

'Sorry that I couldn't make it, long day at work.'

You could keep going but you didn't want to keep thinking about it.

But, the reason you were upset this time is because Greg promised you two would be together at your flat tonight, drinking wine and watching Netflix and eating take out. It sounded perfect to you because you two were never ones to want to dress up and go someplace fancy. Just a night like this, which was nothing fancy, seemed alright for you two. Well if he would ever show up.

And after another 15 minutes, he walked in. Still in the clothes he usually wore to work while you were in dark skinny jeans and a t shirt.

You sighed when you looked at the clock. 40 minutes late....

"Um- Where were you?" You asked, your voice showing how you were clearly upset with him.

He took his suit jacket cooly, as if there was nothing wrong and he had arrived right on time, and that just made you even more impatient with him.

"Greg?" You asked, raising your voice ever so slightly.

"Okay, okay. I just got caught up at work." He said, his voice seemed a bit irritated, like yours. "Jesus Nora, I'm sorry." He huffed as he sat on the couch in your flat, but there was no closeness. There was no arm that he would always wrap around you, no occasional kiss on your forehead, and for goodness sake, there was no talking, just complete and tense silence. And to be honest you two seemed more like ex's than a couple.

You two were in the middle of an episode of your favorite episode od Doctor Who when you couldn't take it anymore. The silent treatment, the bitter voice... You were done.

"Okay, what the heck is wrong with you?" You asked, angrily grabbing the remote and pausing the TV. You needed answers, not excuses. Answers.

"What do you mean?" He asked with a lightly irritated tone, as if he was annoyed with you.

"Oh my God are you kidding me?" You laughed angrily, rolling your eyes. "You being late all the time, you don't want to spend time with me, and whenever you're with me, you act like this! You give me the silent treatment and pretend like I don't even exist!"

"Why the bloody hell would you think that Nora?" He exclaimed, and you grabbed your glass of wine and took a big sip, you knew there was gonna be an argument and you might need more than a glass of wine to try and clam down any.

"Because of this!" You yelled, standing up with your wine glass angrily gripped in your hand. "I don't want to be with someone who's going to treat me like I'm an ex! And that sir, is what you're doing, and that's what you've been doing for the past 2 weeks!"

"Well, I'm sorry that I'm busy! I can't help that I have to stay at work late!" He yelled.

"Oh, its always work isn't it?" You whined, rolling your eyes because you didn't believeit. You never really did.

"Yes its work!" He said, raising his voice, he was just as irritated as you were. "Nora, you're important to me, but I can't loose my job o-" He stopped... You knew what he was gonna say.

You felt your heart sink when you realized it. What he was about to say....

"You can't lose your job over me?" You questioned, threatening tears, stinging your (E/C) irises.

"Nora I-"

You felt so used, so emotionless, but so angry and lost and confused, and it started to steadily eat at you. Making you numb but steadily grow angrier at the same time. And that was it. This was your  breaking point and you were done with this.

"GET OUT!" You screamed, pointing at the door as tears were now falling tirelessly from your eyes and of curse, he left, saying nothing. He left you alone in your flat. Just you and your aching, bitter heart that you half wished would just stop beating.

The next thing you knew, your wine glass was smashed against the wall from a hardy throw, droplets of the remainder of the wine sliding down the pristine white wall.

You cried out in anger and frustration and fell to your knees in a bundle of tears, desperately hugging a silk pillow that you grabbed from the couch.

You didn't understand why this all just happened, and you didn't want to. You didn't want to see that man's face again, no matter how much you truly loved him. Well the old him...

And maybe you never wanted to know why this happened. Maybe that would make the heartbreak worse. But for now, you would just try and get over him.

That's the only thing you wanted to do right now...

----------

Hey guys! I've been meaning to get that request done for a while it feels like, but I just got it yesterday I think... I don't know, but I hope you guys liked it!

I normally don't do one shots like that, but I hope you guys liked it and maybe you want to see more of it?

And if you love this book and want to tell others about it, be sure to VOTE FOR IT IN THE FICTION AWARDS THIS YEAR!!!!

I just got nominated yesterday so if you guys would want to give it some support, go give it a vote!

Here's the link to the book so now you wont have to go search for it!: https://www.wattpad.com/story/67175803-the-fiction-awards-2016

Okay so if you want to give it a vote, its nominated in the BEST OF UNDISCOVERED category! So go give me a quick vote so maybe this book can win!

Thank you guys!