Chapter 7- The Jiggle of the Jello

(Name)'s POV

"Huh? Research societies?" Soma questioned. We were all done working the farm and were now walking together along the trail.

"Yeah, Tōtsuki has a ton of groups that do research on specific types of food. Members can develop new recipes after school..." Yuki trailed off.

"...or compete in cooking contests outside of the academy." Ryoko finished.

"I guess you could say it's our version of clubs." Isshiki stated, carrying a basket and plow.

"So what're you in then, Gumi-chan?" I asked as she smiled.

"I'm in the Regional Cooking Research Society."

"Ooh."

"Huh." Soma and I both hummed in response.

*~*~*~*

The three of us were now at school and were looking at a board advertising the different clubs.

"You weren't kidding. Japanese, Western, and Chinese cuisine..." Soma read off the different types of culture cuisine.

"Haute cuisine and vegetarian cuisine..." I read off another flyer. "There's even fermented foods, and preserved foods..."

"Huh, this one's for train bentos." Soma looked up at another. He continued to look at the different flyers when a certain one caught his eye. "Huh? The Donmono Research Society?"

He put a hand to his chin in thought. "Maybe it'll inspire menu items for our restaurant." He muttered to himself, a gleam in his eye.

Hm, it does seem like our menu could expand some more...

"All right, guess I'll go take a look. Let's go, Tadokoro, Homura."

"Huh? Why me?"

"Eh, why not?"

*~*~*~*

"Wait..." All three of us stood in surprise at the sight that lay before us. The designated room for the Donmono Research Society was a mess, and sitting in the middle of the room was what I assumed to be the leader.

He was slumped in his chair with a gloomy aura surrounding him, he practically looked black and white as if he were drained of life.

Man, his hair though...

He sat up a little and glanced at us before he began to speak in a hopeless whisper. You could practically feel the doom and gloom coming off of him. "Sorry, but you should go. Don RS is about to become history."

"What?!" All three of us spoke in unison.

After introducing ourselves and looking around the room some, the male began to speak more. "You said you're Yukihira, Homura, and Tadokoro?" The doom and gloom was still there. "I'm Konishi, the leader of this research society."

"You okay, Senpai?" Soma asked.

"You look pretty down." I added, taking note of his doom-gloom aura.

He chuckled bitterly. "Laugh all you want. I couldn't save Don RS."

Megumi picked up a book from the floor. "Are these recipe collections?" She handed it to Soma. "They're recipes put together by Don RS."

I swiped up another book from the scattered array and opened it up, looking at the various different donburi dishes. To my surprise, even if the recipe was popular or not, they all had their own unique flair added to it. Each recipe was unique to the chef's own cooking. "Woooow, these recipes are awesome!" I said in awe, trying to remember some of the tips and tricks.