Chapter 15- The Magician From the East!

It was now evening at the Tōtsuki Resort and the main hall was crowded with students who chattered quietly amongst themselves. Most were relieved to have survived another day of camp, but many students still worried about what was to come later. Members of Polar Star huddled together in a group and congratulated each other before noticing the absence of a certain trio.

"Wait, where's (Name)-chan?" Daigo asked causing Shoji to shrug.

"Soma-kun's also missing," Shun pointed out softly from beside Marui's tired form when Yuki suddenly let out a screech.

"Megumi-chan!" The girl with twin buns panicked erratically before Ryoko placed a calming hand on her shoulder.

"Calm down," she breathed, "Why don't you check the room upstairs?"

And with a less than hesitant nod, the girl was up the stairs towards said room. She returned moments later, breathless, with the same worry-stricken face.

"Well?" Ryoko asked.

"Nope, she wasn't in our room, either." She hunched over in an attempt to catch her breath as Ryoko dialed Megumi's phone, only to bring it down when there  was no answer.

"I can't reach her cell, either."

"That's weird. I wonder if something happened to Megumi." Yuki uttered worryingly.

"Everyone should be done with their afternoon sessions. Could it be..." Marui trailed off and looked at the ground, unwilling to finish his statement.

"I didn't see their names on the list of people who failed." Shun reassured him.

"Why don't we ask people who were in the same sessions as them?" Shoji recommended helpfully.

"Oh, right!" Yuki shouted.

Lucky for them, a certain pair of brunettes just so happened to be walking by at the moment. The boy broodingly stared ahead, hands in his pockets, while the girl scolded him in motherly manner.

"Ryou! You have to be more careful, do you know what could've happened if you-"

"-Yeah, yeah, whatever. I was handling it fine-"

"-Hey!"

Ryou glared up at the speaker and was surprised to see Yuki waving him over wildly.

What does she want? We've never even talked before.

"Hey, you! Yanagawa-san, right?" She called again causing the boy's eye to twitch.

Kiyoko also looked over to where the residents of Polar Star resided together and smiled softly, recognizing them as (Name)'s friends. She walked over to their group, leaving Ryou standing alone in the middle of the room.

Ryou stood rooted in place for a moment, torn between following his cousin or standing alone in the middle of the room looking lost and lonely, and reluctantly decided on the former. With a heavy sigh, he dragged his feet over to where Kiyoko and the Polar Star students conversed.

"You guys were in Megumi-chan, (Name)-chan, and Yukihira's group, right?" Ryoko questioned the pair.

"Yes we were," Kiyoko responded, a sweatdrop appearing on her face as she recalled the days previous events. "Why do you ask?"

"We were wondering if you know what happened to them," Shun explained. "They aren't on the list of people who failed..."

Kiyoko breathed a sigh of relief at this news before explaining what had happened earlier. She left out the news of Megumi getting expelled since she figured it would cause Yuki to go into a rampage, and instead talked of how (Name), Soma, and Ryou all shouted at their instructor until the point where Kiyoko dragged Ryou out of the room and forced him to calm down.