Chapter 20- Like Father, Like Son

(Name)'s POV

"We're back!"

"Back!"

Entering Polar Star Dorm, we all piled our bags together and were greeted by Isshiki who was clad in his signature apron. He welcomed us back gleefully before gesturing us to follow him down the hall.

"Let's go share the good news with Fumio-san!"

Animated chatter filled the air as we all walked together, the relief of being done with camp filling our veins.

"So Soma-kun, you came back in one of the hotel's cars?" Isshiki asked as we followed him down the hall.

"I'm jealous!" Yuki cried. "That makes you a VIP! A VIP!"

"It wasn't that cushy a deal."

"Especially considering he had to ride with Tsun no. 1," I muttered under my breath.

"Either way," Isshiki spoke, "I'm glad everyone came back safely."

We stopped when we finally reached Fumio who stood in the doorway entry, arms crossed with a smile.

"You must all be tired. I'll give you guys a good meal tonight."

Cheers resonated throughout the group at this piece of information. Shoji and Daigo high-fived each other before shouting, "Yay!"

"We haven't had Fumio-san's cooking in forever!"

But that wasn't the case we soon realized when she said, "Well, I won't be the one cooking."

Sounds of confusion were heard as I tilted my head in question.

"Then who is...?"

*~*~*~*

"Hey Soma! You're back. Come help."

We were now gathered in the kitchen and watched as a man with maroon, dark-purplish hair tied back in a ponytail, along with strangely familiar yellow eyes, cooked some meat in a pan.

"Sure," Soma answered, seemingly familiar with this stranger.

Why is he so calm about it? Did he know this guy would be here?

The man glanced over his shoulder at the boy and laid out his instructions. "Come help prep these. I've already made the stock."

"Sure. Got it," Soma answered casually, as if he'd already done this a million times.

Before I could once again question his calm behavior, Soma flinched and made a noise of surprise.

"Wait, I reacted like we're back home out of habit," he shouted, "but what the hell are you doing here?!"

Wait, 'back home'?

"What, you know each other?" Fumio asked.

"Wh-Who are you?" Megumi said from where the rest of us were piled at the doorway.

"He's an alumnus of Tōtsuki Academy and of Polar Star Dormitory," Fumio answered, raising an unimpressed brow.

"A Tōtsuki alumnus?!" Soma cried, suddenly just as surprised as the rest of us.

Fumio sighed. "You're making me feel my years. You don't know the former second seat of the Elite Ten, Saiba Joichiro?"

"The former second seat of the Elite Ten?!" Everyone chorused in shock, save for Isshiki and I.

"Saiba!? Like the fish?!*" I couldn't believe it, this dude was named after a fish!

"'Saiba'?" Soma muttered to himself, holding a hand to his chin in thought.