Chapter 24- Autumnal Elections Announcements and Cinnamon-Stick-Sniffers

(Name)'s POV

The weekend came and went pretty fast after everyone's arrival, and despite my persistent searching along with the help of my friends, I was unable to find my necklace, pretty much confirming my suspicions about Ryou possessing it.

I guess I can just have Shuu make me another one when I return. But even then... I want the necklace Shuu gave me the day I first left for Tōtsuki—the one I had with me throughout my experiences.

Ultimately giving up on ever finding the necklace misplaced around here, I set my sights back on my dish for the festival. Winning was my best bet at getting it back, and if all else fails, I could always just beat the boy with a branch; and now that I was back at Tōtsuki, I could have my friends test it and offer their firsthand advice on how to improve my dish.

Isshiki and Soma would definitely offer good advice... After all, Soma's already offered many great tips, and Isshiki seems just as experienced when it comes to growing crops and cooking Japanese cuisine.

Tying the uniform bow around my neck, I pulled on my (fav animal) ankle socks and slipped into my shoes.

Everyone was rushing this morning to get to school, though I wasn't quite sure why.

Eh, I'll probably find out soon.

*~*~*~*

"Hey, hurry!"

"They're gonna post the announcements!"

Students rushed past me in the courtyard to where everyone was gathering in front of these huge, sheet-covered boards. I walked a little quicker to where Shun and Soma stood, hoping one of them could maybe shed a little light on the situation.

With a swoop, the workers behind the boards removed the sheets covering them, resulting in an immediate uproar from the students. Cheers of joy and shouts of frustration rang throughout the courtyard as everyone hurriedly scanned the boards marked 'A' and 'B' for their names.

"Uh...."

Sensing my confusion, Shun kindly began to explain the huge list of names and why it seemed to excite or upset the surrounding students.

"These are the contestants who will be in the Autumn Elections."

Oh... Oh yeah!

That thing.

...yeah.

"Ah, I see."

I don't see.

...I should really pay more attention.

"Oi, there's my name!" Soma pointed at the board marked 'Block A' and sure enough, his name was up there. "And look! Your name's up there, too!"

"It is?" I looked over to the opposite board to where he was pointing and was slightly surprised to see my name up with the rest on 'Block B'.

"Yup! We're in different blocks, it seems."

I nodded at this and turned to Shun who had been silently observing the boards, not giving any clue as to whether or not he was chosen.

"I'm right there," he answered as if sensing my question, pointing to 'Block A'.

"Great! Seems like you're with Soma-kun, then."

"We should go check on the others." Soma gestured over to where Yuki was strangling (or hugging?) Ryoko. A panicked looking Megumi fidgeted beside them as the three of us proceeded towards them.