Chapter 10- Look at Me

(Name)'s POV

I woke up in my bed the next day and was relieved to see that no one had drawn on my face or anything. Though that still didn't explain how I got in my room again. Maybe one of the girls returned me to my room?

Falling asleep and waking up in another location? It's like I'm seven-years-old again.

Deciding not to dwell on it any further, I rolled out of bed and face-planted on the floor, before peeling myself off the hardwood and standing up to stretch.

Pulling on an outfit for the day, I jumped into my bunny slippers and looked around for my necklace. I found it sitting on the nightstand and slipped it around my neck. I detangled my hair best I could with my brush.

I must've woken up late, because everyone was already awake downstairs. I entered the room and yawned.

"G'morning."

"Good morning!" Ryoko smiled.

"Morning." Shun nodded.

"Ah, good morning, (Name)-chan! You're just in time," Yuki grinned and ushered me over.

"In time for wha..?" I looked down at the pamphlet in Soma's hands and blinked. "A training camp?"

"The time has finally come." Yuki gazed at the pamphlet determinedly as Soma began flipping through the pages.

"What's this?"

"You had something like this in elementary school and junior high, didn't you?" Ryoko asked. "It's like a camp where we all go and stay for a couple of nights."

I thought back to Seichōmura and its lack of education systems. Since there were few children in the village, most kids were homeschooled like me.

"Eheh, I was homeschooled all my life 'til now, so I've never experienced something like this before." I scratched my head and imagined what camp would be like.

"Huh, didn't know this school did stuff like that." Soma continued reading through the pamphlet before looking up at Megumi. "Why are you shaking, Tadokoro?"

I glanced at her worriedly as her pale form visibly shook. My attention was soon directed elsewhere though as Marui began to speak.

"This camp represents the first circle of hell for new high school students."

Yikes.

"All first-years will be tasked with grueling cooking projects every day in a remote location in the mountains." Yuki clenched her fist. "If we don't earn a passing score, we face immediate expulsion. They claim it's an opportunity for friendship and kinship, but in reality... it's a merciless weeder training camp!"

...Did she say the mountains?!

I grinned at hearing this piece of information. If the mountain had anything to do with our training, I'd most definitely be prepared. Seichōmura was located at the base of a mountain, and many times I had traveled and learned how to collect ingredients and such from the difficult terrain.

I like mountains.

"This is what Tōtsuki's education by competition looks like." My gaze wandered over to Isshiki before seeing his muscles and glancing away.

Don't stare, don't stareeeee...

"The director spoke of the one percent, but this is where the selection process really begins." Trying to focus on his words, I failed as they went through one ear and flit out the other.

Dang, check out his abs. And look at those pectoralsssss... It was almost foreign seeing such a well-sculpted man. The boys in my village were, well, average for teenage boys. But Isshiki's muscled must come from his endless field work?