Chapter 25- Keep Calm and Curry On

(Name)'s POV

Deciding not to question the scenario, the male quickly excused himself to the other room to make tea, stating he'd put the bag for Jun, as we now knew her, in the other room as well. I was quite relieved at this prospect, thankful to escape the potential-well, inevitable awkwardness that I knew would ensue due to our first meeting (if you'd even consider it that).

Instead, Soma (who eventually woke up from his mini-coma), Megumi, and I all gathered 'round to listen to Jun's tale.

"I was the youngest resident at Polar Star at the time." She started off, a disturbed look already in her eyes. She proceeded to describe how Soma's father had taken advantage of her to test his disgusting experiments, and a pang of  pity resonated in my gut for her.

"And that's how Saiba-senpai used me as his guinea pig, utterly tormenting me at every opportunity. Then, he inflicted a wound on my heart that will never heal." Jun finished her brief yet believable explanation, a dead look in her eyes, and I was immediately reminded of all the times Soma did the same to Megumi.

"Hold on! You look exactly the same as you did in that flashback!" Soma croaked in surprise, breaking the fourth wall with his words of truth.

"Ah, because I've been eating spices for a long time. Many of them aid in beauty enhancement." Jun blushed as she cradled her cheeks in her hands, smiling as she took Soma's bafflement as a compliment, though I don't think he had intended to do so.

"That's your explanation?!" He shouted in surprise.

It was surprising, really, to find out that this girl who had totally one-hit KO'ed Soma's butt was actually the 34 year old woman we were looking for.

She doesn't look a day over twelve, if you ask me.

"So, my dad sure did some cruel things to his underclassman, huh?" Soma crossed his arms and let out a cheerful laugh. "Right, Tadokoro?"

"STAAAAAARE." Megumi stared back accusingly at the male, and I could practically feel her gaze cutting into him.

In an attempt to relieve the tension in the room, I spoke, "Well, I can see what you green, but just because there's bean some bad history between you and his father doesn't mean it's some-string you should hold against him."

I pulled a string bean out of my pocket (how'd that get there?) and waved it jokingly in front of them, resulting in an awkward silence from the others in the room.

...Did I really just use my father's puns?

Yup.

I let out an awkward laugh and bit into the green bean.

"Are you (Surname) Yasuo's daughter!?" Jun suddenly leapt forward and grabbed both of my hands in hers, her eyes sparkling, and I blinked as I slowly processed her words.

"P-pardon?"

"(Surname) Yasuo! You must be (Surname)-senpai's daughter, no one else makes puns as horrible as those!" She gleefully jumped up and down at the discovery, and I frowned in offense.

"Excuse me? Horrible-?"

She released my hands and immediately began to pull and tug on my face and hair, much to my discomfort. "You even have his hair and skin tone, not to mention you got his face! Though it doesn't seem that you've gotten his eyes..."

What is happening?? I thought to myself, as I took in Soma's snickers and Megumi's surprised expression from beside us.

"I'm sorry, but you must have me mistaken for someone else! My dad's surname is not (Surname)! It's Homura, like mine." The woman let go of my face meat, much to my relief, and quickly backed up in apology.