Chapter 4

It's finally Thursday! I spent all day yesterday packing up my stuff, and now I am waiting for Vic to pick me up. I see his car turn onto my street, and I jump up and down, waving my arms wildly. He parks his big SUV, like the kind you see in movies that secret agents have, and comes over to me. I giggle and peck his lips.

"Hi, Daddy! I missed you so much," I tell him. I had missed him over the last couple of days. He hadn't been able to talk or text very often, so I only had Alan and Jenna for company.

"I missed you too, now are you ready to go?" I nod eagerly, and he goes into my apartment and starts load all of the boxes into his car. I pick up Alan and my paci and wave goodbye to my apartment. I also say goodbye to Jenna while Daddy is finishing putting my stuff in his car.

"Aw, I'm gonna miss you, little buddy. I will have to watch Saturday morning cartoons all by myself now," she pouted. I giggle and give her a hug.

"I'll ask Daddy if I can visit, okay? Bye, Jenna!"

I walk back to Daddy, and he helps me into the passenger seat. He buckles me into my booster seat before climbing into the driver's seat. I turn around and wave goodbye to the building until it's out of sight. When I face forward, I see Daddy staring at me. I use my sleeve and wipe my face.

"What's wrong, Daddy? Do I have something on my face?" He chuckles and shakes his head.

"No, Princess, you're just beautiful." His words make me blush really hard, and I look down at my lap. Daddy just laughs again before turning on the radio. The music is really soothing, and I haven't taken my nap today, so I fall asleep.

I feel myself being placed onto a bed, and someone lies down next to me. I peek open my eyes, and I am in a strange room. I look over my should, and Daddy is sleeping next to me. He pulls me closer to him, so I turn and cuddle into his chest. I close my eyes and fall asleep again.

The second time I wake up, Daddy is no longer next to me, and I start to panic. I think I am at Daddy's house, but I don't know where anything is, and I'm afraid to leave this room. I sit on the bed for a few minutes, hoping Daddy will return, but he doesn't. I grab Alan, who had been sitting on the bedside table, and quietly walk over to the door. I crack it open a bit, and I see a long, empty hallway. I open the door all the way and walk out. I decide to go to the right, and I find a few doors. I don't want to snoop through Daddy's house without his permission, but I want to find him. I open the first door, and it looks just like the room I was in. The next room was full of filing cabinets, and the last one was locked. I start to panic again, and I feel my lip quiver. I just want my Daddy because now I am alone, lost, and really confused. I sit down in the middle of the hallway and cry. Sobs shake my body as I curl up on the cold, wood floor. I hold Alan close to my chest and cry into his furry head. I use my sleeve to wipe away the tears and snot that cover my face. I try to calm myself down, but I couldn't stop crying. I bury my face into my knees, until I feel myself get picked up. Daddy rocks me back and forth, whispering sweet nothings into my ear. I calm down a bit, enough to stop crying. I look up at Daddy with a tear-stained face. He kisses my forehead gently.

"I'm sorry I left, baby boy, I got an important call for work, and I didn't want to wake you," he says, still rocking me in his arms. I nod and sniffle a bit.

"I-it's okay, Daddy. I w-as ju-st confused, a-and I w-was scared th-at you left-t me," I whimpered. I really wanted Vic to be my forever Daddy, and I was afraid that he would leave me like all the others did.

"I won't leave you, Princess. I'm sorry I scared you," he sets me down delicately but takes my hand, "Now let me show you around my house, so this doesn't happen again." He hands me a paci, and I gladly take it from him and pop it into my mouth. I pick Alan up off the ground as Daddy leads me towards some stairs. He shows me where the kitchen, living room, and playroom is on the first floor. We go back up the stairs, and he shows me his office and our bedroom. I ask about all the other doors, and he tells me they are just extra rooms that I don't need to worry about. We finish the tour right as Daddy gets a phone call.

"Hello? Fucking hell, can't they just figure it out? Alright, I'll be there." Daddy sighs as he hangs up the phone, and I look at him curiously.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart, I have to go into work. I don't want to leave you here alone yet, so will you come with me?" Go to work with Daddy like a big boy? That sounds fun! I nod enthusiastically, and he smiles at me.

"Alright, but let's get changed." I run into our room and pick out a pair of high-waisted jeans and a cropped sweatshirt. I put that on, along with my black Vans, and Vic changes into a suit. I giggle when he takes off his shirt and poke his bellybutton.

"Boop," I say, giggling wildly. Daddy looks at me and starts laughing too. He buttons up his shirt and puts on the suit jacket before booping my nose. We boop each other back and forth for a few minutes before it's time to go. Daddy shows me the garage, and we get into a fancy red car. We zoom out of the neighborhood, and in a few minutes, we arrive in front of a giant building. Daddy parks the car but doesn't get out. I raise my eyebrow at him, and he turns to me.

"Now, Princess, I don't want you to get freaked out, but there are a lot of people out there. They will be taking pictures and asking a lot of questions. I need you to not talk to any of them and don't let go of my hand. Can you do that for me?" Daddy asks. I nod, but I am still confused. Why would people want to take pictures of us?

Daddy helps me out of the car, and we walk towards the building. Just like Daddy told me, there is a really big group of people with flashing cameras and microphones. They see us and start shouting.

"Victor, what's your next move?"

"Mr. Fuentes, is it true that one of your facilities was burned down by an employee?"

"Who is this with you?"

"What happened to Jaime?"

"Is this your new little?"

All the questions and flashing lights are scary, so I cling to Daddy as he marches through the crowd. The scary people follow us until we enter the building. It is silent inside, and I am relieved that it's over. I don't like big crowds, and all those people were yelling at us. I was also surprised they knew I am a little, and some of the other things they said puzzled me. I want to ask Daddy about it, but he has to work. He takes me into an office and sits me in the spinney chair.

"I'm sorry, I have to go to a meeting. I will be back in about half an hour, so just stay here. There are some coloring books and a box of crayons on that shelf. Be good, Princess." Daddy kisses my head and leaves. I walk over to the shelf and grab the coloring books. I am excited to see that there is a Disney one, so I find the Sleeping Beauty page and start making her pretty. I give her black hair just like mine, but I make her dress pink just like the movie.

After finishing Sleeping Beauty and Snow White coloring pages, I start to get bored. Daddy told me not to leave, but he didn't say I couldn't explore this room. I walk over to his desk and pull out the first drawer. It has a bunch of pens, pencils, and erasers in it. That is really boring, so I open the drawer underneath it. It has a bunch of newspapers stuffed into it. I grab the first one and look over it. The headline says "VICTOR FUENTES' OLDEST SON TAKES OVER EMPIRE", with a picture of Daddy and an older man shaking hands. The next paper says "FUENTES FORTUNE GROWS WITH NEW LEADER", and Daddy is waving at the camera. I smile and pick up the last one, which reads "FUENTES HAS DADDY ISSUES". I frown at the words and scan over the article. It says that in 2009, Daddy brought a little out in public with him and told everyone about his DD/LB lifestyle. The article said some really mean things about it, but today no one was being mean about it. This explains why they know about me being a little, but maybe since it's been a few years everyone is okay with it. I hope they aren't mean to Daddy because I am his little. If Daddy is sad, that makes me sad, and I don't want anyone to be sad. I carefully place the newspapers back into the drawer, but I notice a small clipping at the very bottom. I gently pull it out and read it. It says that one of Daddy's work's buildings caught on fire last year. A few people died, including the guy that one of the camera people outside had mentioned. His name was in the caption of the picture, which shows Daddy with his arm around a man with spiky hair. They were looking at each other lovingly, and it makes my stomach feel weird. I didn't want Daddy to have his arms around anyone but me! I shake that thought from my head. I'm being stupid. That poor guy is de-not here, so I shouldn't be worried about Daddy hugging him, right? Of course not, that's silly. Daddy is mine, all mine. I go to put the clipping back where I found it when I hear a cough from behind me and quickly spin around to find Daddy standing there. His arms are crossed, and his eyes are narrowed. I give him a small smile and try to hide the papers behind me.

"Oh, h-hi, Daddy. How was your meeting?"