Part 13

I wake up with a loud sneeze, feeling a strong itch on my nose. I go to scratch, only to find that my hands won't move. I look down and see that I have been tied to a large high-chair. My wrists start to burn as the bonds chafe at them while I struggle to free myself. I try to yell out for someone to untie me, but there is a thick cloth stuffed into my mouth. I screw my eyes shut, breathing in deeply in a poor attempt to stay calm. I can't remember anything except getting popcorn. That's when it dawns on me: Alysha. I hope that she's okay. I try to look around the unfamiliar room to see if she's here with me, but I can't turn my head much, and it's dark. I squirm a bit more, but the pain in my wrists grows rapidly and makes me stop. I try to relax and tell myself everything will be okay. This is probably just one of Vic's tricks to try and get me back. Unfortunately for him, this is definitely the wrong approach, and he'll be getting a severe talking to when he comes back to me.

I sit patiently for what seems like forever before I hear a door open. I perk up, waiting for Vic to march down here and release me, so I can beat his tiny, but sexy, ass. I squint my eyes, trying to make out his figure in the dim lighting. He walks towards, and I notice he has suddenly gotten a very nice hourglass form. I almost laugh at the thought, but before I can, Alysha saunters over and removes the gag from my mouth. I take a deep breath in, coughing slightly, before looking at her questioningly.

"Where's Vic? Is he getting you to do his dirty work now because you can tell him that just pisses me of mo-" I am cut off by a sharp slap across my cheek. I squeal in pain and instinctively try to hold the tender spot, but my hands are still tied behind the back of the highchair. I look up at Alysha with teary eyes, but she just walks away. She flicks a switch on the wall, and all of the lights come up. I see that I am in a dingy room, wearing a soft pink onesie. Alysha comes back and stands in front of me, looking me up and down before smirking.

"Look at you now, Kellybear. You seem a bit tied up." I resist gagging at her terrible pun, but the fear and confusion I am currently experiencing are covering up the disgust.

"Wh-what am I doing here? Why am I t-tied up?" I question cautiously, not wanting her to hit me again.

"Oh, where do I begin? To say the least, you have caused a lot of problems, honey, and I just can't have that," she says. I raise my eyebrows, thinking through all the times I've been around Alysha to try and figure out what I could have done to her to upset her so much as to tie me up.

"You seem confused, let me explain. I've known Vic and Mike since high school, and I have dated Mike for most of that time. I know all about the distance between the two, how they act like they couldn't care less about each other. Unfortunately, that's partly true. Vic doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself, but Mike isn't like that. He loves his brother and wants to bridge the gap between them, but Vic always pushes him away." Alysha pauses and frowns, as if remembering every time she saw Vic brush off his little brother. "I can't stand seeing my love get hurt like this, so I decided to nudge Vic towards Mike. First I just got Vic to let Mike work at his company, thinking it would bring them together. It just made Vic think he could treat Mike like a servant. Then I decided to get rid of anything that would distract Vic from Mike. It was just little things at first, unplugging his TV, stealing his car keys. Nothing was working, and Mike was getting more and more upset. Nothing I did would ever cheer him up, so I went out to fix this once and for all."

I understand that this story is heading in a very bad direction, so I try and prepare myself for whatever awful deed she could have done to get Mike and Vic to have a better relationship. Obviously it hadn't worked, so I am concerned with what all this had to do with me. If anything, I am willing to help Alysha with the brothers because I too had noticed how Vic would act aloof and distant around Mike. I snap out of my thoughts as Alysha continues her tale.

"I knew exactly where I would find Vic, so I had quickly driven there so I could confront him directly about the situation. He had just opened his new facility and was there showing everyone around. I arrived at the building and was trying to figure out what I would say to him before I went inside. I then looked over and saw his stupid boy-toy walk inside, wearing the most ridiculous tutu." Alysha sneers in disgust when she mentions this man, and I can't help but feel hurt. I thought we were friends before this, has she been disgusted with me all this time? I know most people aren't very accepting of who I am, but I didn't think such a close friend would hate it. I push away the saddening thoughts, wanting to hear the end of this rant.

"I felt so angry when I saw him. Vic doted on that guy like he was the damn Queen of England, but he couldn't even bother to wish his brother a Happy Birthday? Mike is a loving, sweet, caring guy. He has the potential to make Vic laugh and be happy, just like the other bitch was doing. Why did Vic accept love from someone foreign to him over the love his own blood could give him? What the hell did Jaime have that made him so special?"

My head snaps up at the name. Jaime, where had I heard that name? I rack my brain, when suddenly it comes to me. The news clipping in Daddy's desk drawer, the one that mentioned one of his company's buildings catching on fire. Jaime was Daddy's little, but he died in the building! It dawns on me exactly what Alysha was getting to. I interrupt her as she continues to rant about how Vic should be a better brother to Mike.

"You-you killed him." She stops speaking and looks towards me. I speak a little louder, "You killed Jaime. You set the building on fire." She just smiles at me, running a fake nail along my jaw.

"Yes, it's true, but I never meant to kill Jaime. It was meant to get Vic. His death would have devastated Mike, and I would have been there to build him back up. He would never have to worry about anyone's love but mine. It was just a happy coincidence that the filthy man-child was killed instead."

My jaw drops at her heartless words. She sounds proud about what she did. Whatever fear I had felt earlier about being tied up in a strange place just doubled at the fact that I am alone and helpless in a room with an emotionless killer. I try to scoot away from her, but the chair doesn't move. I feel a few tears dribble down my cheeks, and I think of what I could do to stay safe. I suddenly wish that I had never gotten mad at Vic. I could be at home, watching Disney movies and cuddling with Alan, waiting patiently and excitedly for Daddy to get home from work. Instead, I had to be a brat and whine for more attention, landing me in some sort of basement with a psychopath with almost good intentions. Alysha starts laughing at me as I sob, wishing desperately that my Daddy would run in and save me.