Chapter 15

I groan as Alysha twirls in front of me. She is dolled up in an elegant mermaid dress, with beautiful white heels and glittering jewelry. Even with the hatred I feel towards her, I have to admit that she looks like a princess. I am incredibly jealous that she gets to attend the party, but I know there is no way she'd let me go with her. I sigh as she giggles, twirling again.

"I must be off, Kelly. The party will be starting soon. Wish me luck!" She exclaims before carefully climbing the stairs. I silently hope that she will trip and fall, but of course she makes it up just fine. She gives me one last wave before closing the door. I listen to her heels click against the floor, and then the front door slams. I sigh again, imagining the glamorous outfit I could be in right now, dancing beside Vic at his grand party. I miss him so much. Ever since I had seen the invitation, I have been going through the various scenarios of what Alysha would do to Vic tonight. I have the list narrowed down to hiring an assassin, poisoning his drink, and stabbing him with a knife disguised as the heel of her shoes. Some might say that I was being ridiculous, but they obviously can't see me tied up in a dingy basement in a pink onesie that's covered in crusty baby food. Nothing seems too crazy to me right now, so I couldn't predict what would go down tonight. All I could do was hope with all my heart that Vic would be okay, and that I could get out of here.

Vic's POV

"Thank you to everyone who has been supporting the company since the beginning. My father was a brilliant man, and I was ecstatic when he passed his pride and joy on to me. I have put everything I have into this business, and I am excited to finally open our newest building. Join me now as we celebrate the opportunities that will surely be knocking at our door!" I give the crowd my most charming smile as I hold my glass out. Everyone claps, and I step off the stage. Once I return to my table, I drop my smile and slump over. My head pounds, and I massage my forehead in an attempt to alleviate the pain. My thoughts drift to Kellin, making my head hurt even more. Mike said he delivered my letter, but Alysha had told him that Kellin didn't want anything to do with either of us. I'm not sure why Kellin would be mad at Mike, but I hope he at least read the letter. I couldn't bare to talk to him in person, so I am relying on him to listen to me through paper. With my luck, he has already tossed it out and forgotten about it. I sigh, closing my eyes and trying to forget everything just for the night. Unfortunately, that attempt is washed away by my brother approaching me.

"What's up, dude? You look like shit," he says casually, taking his seat next to me.

"Gee, thanks, Michael. That's lovely," I reply sarcastically, not in the mood to deal with anyone, especially him. He rolls his eyes at my answer and goes to speak again, but before he can, I interrupt.

"Shouldn't you be with your bimbo?" I ask in disgust, picturing him with that awful woman. I might not care for my brother all that much, but I cared even less for his lover. He scowls.

"She's not a bimbo, you asshole. Why can't you two just get along?" He growls.

"Because I don't do well around fake people?" I reply haughtily, pretending as though I am much better than the two of them, which I really am.

"I suppose that's why you hate yourself," he retorts before storming off. I gape at his retreating figure in disbelief. I never thought he'd bring that up. I know I was being a major dick, but that was low. I decide to just ignore him and try to make it through the night without any more complications. I go to mingle with my guests when I run into my favourite bitch.

"Victor! It's so good to see you, and congratulations on your opening!" I could see right through her sad little character of kindness. She knew just how to irritate me, and it is definitely working. I clench my fist but return the politeness.

"Thank you, Alysha. It's nice to see you as well."

"Yes, yes. Do you know where Mike is? I've looked everywhere for him," she asks, glancing around the room.

"He went towards that group of gentlemen," I gesture to a group of well-dressed businessmen, talking about God-knows-what with Michael.

"Thanks, Viccy! Talk to you soon," she says, taking off in Michael's direction. Before she can go too far, I grab her arm. She whips around to face me, a glare on her face. She rips her arm away from me.

"Don't touch me!" She goes to walk off again.

"Wait, this is important," I say, following her. She stops and turns to face me, groaning. I knew that her politeness was just a façade. She's such a fake-ass bitch.

"Did Kellin read my letter?" She raises an eyebrow at me.

"Why do you care? Didn't you chase him off?" She responds. I tense up, trying not to yell at her. I take a deep breath and calm down.

"Did he read it or not?"

"Ugh, yes, he did. Can I go?" She taps her foot impatiently, making me even angrier. 

"Did he say anything about me? Does he want to see me?"

"I don't know, Victor!" She turns on her heel and marches away from me. I am relieved that that conversation is finally over, but I didn't exactly get answers to my questions. I decide that if I want to know about Kellin, I'll have to go talk to the little boy himself, face-to-face.