Chapter 21

When I wake up, Vic isn't next to me, and I panic. Luckily, I find a note on the little table next to my side of the bed. It tells me that Vic took Mike to pick up his car and will be back soon. I am relieved that Vic is okay, but I also worry about those two being alone together, especially after last night. I just pray that they'll make it out alive and go to get some breakfast. I feel rejuvenated and cheery this morning, so I break out the ingredients to make coffee cake from scratch. I used to make this all the time because I am awful at cooking, and this is the only thing I learned how to make. I eventually stopped making it as I got busier and lazier, but I should definitely pick up on it again. I'm sure Vic will love it, seeing as how it actually tastes decent, and I'm his favourite person. At least, I hope I'm his favourite. I will be after I serve him some of my fabulous coffee cake. I know the recipe by heart and have it in the oven in no time. I switch on Courage the Cowardly Dog as I wait for it to bake. A few minutes later, the door opens, and Vic walks in. I jump up and give him a big hug. 

"Hey, Princess, you're in a good mood." He says, chuckling as I cling to him. 

"Yeah, I woke up feeling awesome, Daddy." I flinch a little at 'Daddy', unsure if I can still call him that. Vic must notice my hesitation because he brings me over to the couch, mutes the TV, and looks me in the eye. 

"I know you're feeling a little tentative about our relationship. I meant to talk to you last night when I first realized this, but, you know, we were busy," he says jokingly, but I feel my cheeks burn. I don't know why I still blush over this stuff, I know I am a kinky bastard. I am probably capable of some crazy stuff, so I need to calm myself down, but I suppose innocence is a turn-on. Then Vic carries on with his talk.

"Everything will be returning to normal. We're still boyfriends, I'm still your Daddy, and you're still my lovely little. You can call me whatever you want, baby, and we can do all the DD/LB stuff, as well as adult stuff. Just because I'm the Daddy doesn't mean I dictate our relationship, alright?" I nod and pull him into another big hug. Then the oven dings, and I race over to it. I pull on the oven mitts and carefully take the cake out. As I'm setting it on the counter, I hear footsteps, then there are arms around my waist. Vic rests his head on my shoulder as I cut the coffee cake into good-sized slices.

"Well, you've been busy this morning," he remarks. I nod before unraveling myself from him to get out two plates. I place a slice of cake onto each and hand one to Vic. I quickly grab us some forks, and we dig in. Vic takes his first bite and moans, making me giggle and have to push out some dirty thoughts. 

"Babe, this is amazing. I didn't know you could cook," he says dreamily, scarfing down the rest of it. 

"I really can't. This is basically all I survived off of for a few months. I am a terrible chef," I tell him, laughing a bit at my clumsiness in the kitchen. He laughs too, and we polish off our slices. I take his dishes and put them in the sink with mine before going back over to him and wrapping my arms around his shoulders. His arms automatically go to my hips, rubbing soothing circles into them. I look up at him and briefly admire his eyes. 

"So, how'd everything go with Mike this morning?" I ask. He frowns, making me uneasy as to what had happened this morning. I don't know what answer I was expecting, but I should have known he wouldn't have told me all about how he and Mike are buddies now. I take his face in my hands and brush my thumbs across his cheeks softly, trying to soothe him. 

"What happened? Is everything okay?" Vic stays quiet a moment longer before sighing and responding to my questions. 

"We actually didn't speak at all, other than the 'thank you' he gave me as he got out. It's just- I've finally realized that he's my brother. I've been treating him like shit since we were children, and I need to fix it. I do love him, I just don't show it at all. I want to be a better brother for him," Vic tells me, and I give him a giant smile. I hug him tightly. 

"I''m so glad you have figured this out. I will support you both throughout the process of fixing your relationship. I am so happy that you guys are going to work this out." I kiss him passionately, truly excited for the brothers. Mike might be upset with Vic right now, but I know he will be thrilled that Vic wants to be an actual brother and not a coworker. I pull away, but Vic plants one more chaste kiss on my lips before I do so. I giggle at how cute he is, but then I realize it's already ten-thirty. I can't let the day waste away!

"Daddy, what should we do today?" I say, going into little space as soon as the word 'Daddy' leaves my mouth. It's been a while since I have gone to my headspace, and it felt amazing to be back. Daddy picks me up, and I wrap my legs around his waist so I don't fall. 

"Well, Princess, I was thinking that we could get you a haircut," he starts, running his fingers through my hair. It had gotten quite long, and I like it to be at my shoulders, so a haircut was due. 

"Then what?" I ask him eagerly, knowing there has to be more to it. 

"Then, if you're good, we can get you some new clothes." I squeal and clap my hands excitedly. I love clothes shopping, and it would give me some quality time with my Daddy. Daddy sets me down, and I race upstairs to get dressed. As soon as the both of us are ready, we head to the mall. 

I know this is a terrible chapter, but I haven't had a lot of time to write. That's also why this is late, which I am so sorry about. I have been super busy lately, and when Monday came around I was so irritated with myself that I had nothing to post. I'm also sad that I didn't do very many parts in my Halloween one-shot story. I will continue it next year, and I might do a Christmas one. For those of you also reading "Possession", I will get that chapter up soon. I'm sorry guys, hopefully next week will be better. Don't hate this little filler too much!