Chapter 19

Sadly, the cops had taken Vic's car keys, so I had to figure out another way to the station. Luckily for me, Mike offers me a ride, seeing as how he was headed there too. I accept, and we're off. I sit in the back seat, carefully eyeing Alysha and worrying about Vic. I've never known anyone that's gone to jail, and I haven't been, so I'm not sure what to do in this situation. I just sit quietly, biting my nails. It only takes a few minutes for us to reach the station from the party. We all get out, and I dash inside. I reach the counter that's just inside the door. An officer looks up at me in concern, and I quickly explain that I need to see Vic. He leads me back to the holding cells, and I see my Daddy slumped in a corner. The cop returns to the desk, and that's when I speak.

"Oh, Daddy, are you okay?" I ask as I run up to the bar, clutching them in my fists. His head shoots up, and he looks over at me in surprise.

"Baby, I'm okay. I'm so sorry, I never wanted to hit you or get that upset. The emotions I've held back since his death just came spilling over in pure rage. I'm so sorry, I love you," Vic rushes out, reaching between the bars to stroke my hair and face. I lean into his touch, smiling softly.

"It's okay. We'll get you out of here, and get the right person behind bars. Everything will be fine." I reassure him. Vic just nods, and we stand there, simply enjoying each other's presence. It's a couple minutes before I hear someone else come in. I turn around to see a very disappointed Mike. Vic wears a guilty expression as his brother approaches him. They both stare at the ground for a bit before Mike finally speaks up.

"What were you talking about?" He asks quietly, as if speaking any louder would break him. Vic shrugged, thinking for a moment.

"It was the truth. She killed him. She kidnapped Kellin, too." Mike's head snaps up at that, and he turns to me. My eyes dart nervously around the room, avoiding eye contact with either brother.

"Is-is that true, Kellin? Alysha, she would never," he trails off in shock. I stare blankly at the wall behind Mike's head and give him a tiny nod. He doesn't do anything for a moment before he freaks out.

"No! Why are you guys doing this? Is this a sick joke? Are you working together? Kellin, I thought you were pissed at my brother, why are you in on this with him?" Mike walks up to me, grasping my shoulders and making me look up at him. I see confusion, fear, and betrayal in his eyes, and I feel tears pool up in my own. I break down, reliving the moments in that disgusting room, remembering every freezing night and sloppy spoonful of mush. I collapse against Mike, and he freezes in shock for a moment. He hugs me slightly, and I hear his chest heave in time with mine.

"Do you believe me now, Mike? Will you believe your own blood over that bitch?" Vic asks, desperately for Mike's forgiveness. Mike releases me and walks back to Vic.

"Yes, I do. I'm sorry, Vic," he says, tears still falling down his face. The two try to hug, awkwardly wrapping themselves around the bars. I smile sadly, wiping away the remaining tears. That's when I hear clapping, and my stomach turns at her voice.

"Well wasn't that sweet? I see we have a pair of excellent actors on our hands. C'mon, Mikey, do you think I could really do something like that? You love me, and you know I would never do that," she says as she saunters up to Mike and wraps her arms around his neck. I cringe away from them and see Vic do the same. Although instead of having fear in his eyes like mine, he has burning anger and disgust. I carefully avoid the couple and walk towards him, taking his hand in mine. Mike then removes Alysha's arms from him and takes a step back.

"Honestly, Al, I don't know what to believe right now, but I do know that I will stand by my brother," he tells her gently, trying not to piss her off. However, her fists clench, and she stomps her foot.

"How?" She screeches," How can you stand by him? For all these years, he has treated you like a stranger, like an employee. I was the one who showed you love! He doesn't even see you on your birthday, he just sends you a fucking text!" I hear movement outside, and I realize the cops are probably concerned about what's going on in here. Obviously, Alysha doesn't realize this because she continues on.

"I have worked my ass of trying to make you forget about him or make him pay more attention to you. I have tried to help you two assholes out, but nothing works! Then you become all mopey because aw, your selfish, horrible, big-time brother doesn't wuv you," she mocks Mike, and I can tell she is really getting to him. I can also tell she's making Vic feel worse because he squeezes my hand. I squeeze his back but keep my eyes trained on the door that leads from the desk into the holding cells. I can see shadows through the tiny window, and I wonder why the police haven't come to ask about the yelling yet.

"I tried everything I could think of that would help you two because I wanted you to be fucking happy. I fucking killed a man for you!" Mike gasps and takes another step away from her. I knew he hadn't actually believed Vic and I, but now that he's heard it from the suspect herself, he knows. Her admission doesn't stop her, she doesn't even seem fazed by the anger and fear building on Mike's face.

"The only Vic ever talked or thought about was that nasty baby-man, so he had to go! I did this all for you. I even tried to get rid of this slut," she gestures to me, "To force Vic to pay attention to you. Don't you see everything I've done for you, I-" Alysha is cut off by the door slamming open.

"Freeze," a cop yells, marching over to Alysha, "Ma'am, you are under arrest for one count of homicide and one count of kidnapping."

"W-what?" Alysha chokes out, trying to struggle away as the officer puts handcuffs on her. I simply watch as he pulls her out of the room, probably taking her to a much more secure jail until they can put her on trial. She calls out for Mike, but he just stands there, staring at the open door she was dragged through. Vic is also watching Mike, his eyes full of sympathy now. I squeeze Vic's hand once before going over to Mike. He looks up at me as I stand in front of him, and I pull him into a big hug. We then scoot over towards Vic and make a poor excuse of a group hug.

"It's okay, guys," I tell them, none of us moving away from each other, "Everything will get taken care of. We'll be happy." The other two nod and smile at me. I think we are all relieved to have that psycho out of our lives. Now we can work on fixing the relationships that have been damaged, starting with the brothers.

GUYS! This story has 5K reads and over 500 votes! Thank you all so much, it makes me so happy when I see comments and votes. It's kind of weird to see people reading and enjoying my writing, but weird in a fantastic way. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter, when the story finally is getting good. ALSO, please go check out the first installment to my new story "Found At Midnight". It's gonna need the love you guys have given "ATDTL" and "Possession"! Thank you