Chapter 27

Chapter 27

A week. One. Week. One long, boring, tedious week. She was going to kill Camdyn in a slow torturous way if he did not let her up today. Not that he hadn’t been attentive. And anything she wanted appeared as if by magic in her room, even if she had only mentioned it in passing. Like the vase of wildflowers that appeared on the little wash table two days ago, as she mentioned she loved them when in full bloom in summer. Where he had managed to find them at this time of year she did not have a clue.

No, it wasn’t that she did not like what Cam was doing, not that she thought she deserved any of it, but he would not listen. It was more the fact that she was not allowed to do anything for herself. She was imprisoned in her room. Not technically, but it was starting to feel that way. He had only let her out of bed yesterday, and then only to the chair by the fire. That had taken her at least half of the day, and the full day before that arguing her case. She was not an invalid. She may have nearly died. But she was completely alive as far as she was aware. And that meant she could do what she wanted.

Minna and Iona were finding her annoyance extremely amusing. Which just ended up making Aislinn more irritated at her predicament. Especially when they make a big deal over the fact that they get to leave, and what a lovely day it was outside. She knew they were just teasing. That didn’t change the fact that she actually was enormously jealous of the fact they managed to walk out of the door without the guard dogs coming down upon her.

The door opened. She pounced, whoever it was they were getting her out of here, even if it took force. Well, she didn’t think she would actually be able to force anyone to do anything, but she had to try. Heading straight for the door, argument in mind…it was just her luck that Cam walked through. She was going nowhere.

“What do you think you are doing? Why are you up? It’s still early. Sit down.” Taking her arm he swivelled her about and marched her over the chair she had spent yesterday afternoon in. Giving up with a sign, she threw herself down into the chair. Not that Cam noticed he was too busy fussing like an old woman, making sure she was warm enough. She did love the fact he seemed to care so much, but he was going to make her go insane, very, very soon.

“Camdyn.” The look she got made her start again. Maybe if she went with a few of his dictates he would soften a bit towards her demands. “Cam, I am begging you. I have to leave this room. I promise, wherever you put me I will quite willingly stay. But I cannot sit and look at these four walls for another day.”

“You’re not yet strong enough. Maybe after the weekend.” He seemed to have decided, yet again. Grabbing hold of his hand as he went to turn away, she caught his attention. “Cam, I am not asking. I am telling you. If you do not let me leave this room I will not be held responsible for my actions.  I know you want to make sure I’m okay again. But sitting here is not going to get me any better than me sitting elsewhere.”