Hero By: Skillet

We're back!!! Hope you guys are ready for a new chapter!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter 3:

Eli's P.O.V:

"Don't touch anything." I glared at Connor as we entered my room. Well, Mike and mine's room. I have to share with my older brother. Only next year, he goes to Boston for college.

"May I at least sit on your bed?" He asked.

"Why don't you just go back to the livingroom? You can sit there and talk to my dad." I grabbed a blue duffel bag I've had since the fifth grade from back in Oklahoma.

He stayed silent as I stuffed clothes into the bag. Jeans, shorts, and skirts. T-shirts, tank tops, and sweatshirts. Sweaters, jackets, and hoodies. Vans, Converse, and Nikes. All sorts of things. Last, but not least, a few dresses.Turning around, I see Connor looking at me. He seemed to be soaking in my features.

I started to do the same thing. Light, curly, brown hair. Bright blue eyes with a mischevious glint to them. Thin, pink lips that look soft. He was built, no kidding. Probably from fighting all those monsters. I realized that we were just staring at each other. In some ways, it was creepy. In others, it was sort of romantical. If that's even a word.

"Uh, we should probably go say bye to my dad." I gulped down my feelings.

"Oh, yeah, totally." He smiled. Walking out, there was an awkwardness between us. It was very strange.

Hannah was waiting for us. Her and my dad were talking about him knowing that we were demigods. Did I mention Katie and Connor explained that we were demigods? Well, we are. I know, shocking.

"There you are." Dad got up and engulfed me in a hug.

His scent was like oil and chocolate. Most people would say that it smelt terrible. But to me, it was the smell of home. There were only a few mixtures of scents that make me think of home; Axe and lavender; Oil and chocolate; Cologne and ink; And probably the most reasonable one, fresh parchment and the smell of rain.

"I'm gonna miss you, Ki-"

"Don't cry." I ordered. "And call me Eli."

"Okay," He chuckled. "Listen, try to take all of that anger out on monsters, not people."

"M'kay." I smirked as we let go. Hannah must of done her good byes alone.

Mike walked in. When he saw Connor, he frowned. "What's going on?"

"I'm leaving because the police finally found me." I joked.

"Hardy-har-har." Sarcasm dripped from his mouth. "But really."

"Your sister's leaving to go be her." Dad nodded.

"Okay." We nodded towards each other.

Dad turned to Connor. They studied each other. Silence had never seemed so loud. Even now, it was like time had stopped just then. Nothing ever compared to that silence. Ever. "Young man, I trust that you'll keep my ONLY daughter alive." He said. That took me aback a little. Was my dad making him my caretaker?

"Yessir." Connor bit his lip.

"Dad." I blushed. Nobody's really ever looked after me besides Dad and Mike. Sam smirked at me. It's once in a blue moon that I'll show emotion. Hey, that was that day. And the most of the days I spent with Connor Stoll.

"We should go." Connor smiled at my family.

The three of us walked out of the apartment and down the hall. Sam and I lived in an old apartment complex in Brooklyn. We moved here two years ago, from Oklahoma. Anyway, my car looked terrible. The hood looked like a crater fell from the sky and hit it. Hopefully, there were some mechanics there it help me fix it.

We all hopped in. Me driving, Hannah riding shot gun, and Connor in the back. The drive was silent, except for my Ipod blasting Hero by Skillet. That was my jam. Mike and I used to do an airband to this song, years ago. The memory left as we entered Long Island Sound. This was the first place I drove to when we moved here. I learned to drive when I was thirteen, so I practically have droven myself everywhere since then.

It's Not Right But It's Okay in the Glee version came on. Omigod, this was awesome. Hannah glanced at me. This was our song. I tapped my foot to the beat. Before we knew it, Hannah and I were singing along. I hit all the notes while she just screamed the back up girl's part. I'm the one who "can" sing. She one the other hand can edit really well. Me, I misspell words left and right.

Connor must've been tortured. But hey, that's what you get for denting my car. Anyway, I heard laughing in the back seat. Glancing back, I see him cracking up. Laughing at us. Well, at least it's a joyful pain. We all enjoyed the song. It was our jam.

There was a bend with a forest surrounding it. The sunlight seemed to fade as I went through the bend. As the sunlight recollected, I was blinded for a minute. Someone wearing very bright clothes stood in the middle of the road. Who the hell does that? Oh, that's right, that guy.

I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance With You the Glee version came on. Connor stopped laughing and started looking awkward. Gods, he looked amazing confused. Why did he have to be so damn cute? Wait... should I be saying this?

My thoughts distracted me so much, that I forgot about the shiny man in the middle of the road. I had to swirve to not hit him. Idiot. I stopped to give him a piece of my mind.

"I'll be right back." I muttered as I got out. The other two stayed in the car. Walking over, I see him grinning at me. His sky blue eyes twinkled with excitement. This made me angrier. He flipped his Bieber cut bangs. For some reason, this made me blush. Stupid Girl.

"Hey." He said. "I'm THE Apollo. God of the Sun, Music, Prophecies, Medicine, etc. Mostly anything you want me to be the god of."

"Cool." I rolled my eyes as he winked at me. "Listen, get out of the road. I don't give a crap if you're a god or not, get the hell out of the road. You're lucky I didn't just run you over."

After saying that, I turned around, and started walking toward the car. I heard footsteps behind me. A hand spun me around. Now, I was looking directly into his eyes. They still twinkled. Apollo almost seemed harmless and sweet. Until he opened his mouth.

"Fiesty. I like fiesty. Especially hot and fiesty." He smirked.

"No thank you. I'm just getting this demigod thing wrapped around my head, I don't think kissing a god would help, either." I pushed him away from me and went back to the car.

"I won't give up on you, Elisa Delarosa!" Apollo yelled before disappearing.