Dollhouse By: Melanie Martinez

Eli's PoV:

Let's get this out of the way. Nico creeps me out. Like seriously. He has this deathly aura around him. I don't mind at all, it's just..... I don't know. He looks like a younger, more tense Hades. Even Hades is more relaxed.

And he's like old. I sit quietly as Nico paces the room for the hundredth time. I bite my lip. He obviously likes Izzy. But there's something he's not telling me. And being the persistant person I am, I must keep it in. After we deal with all this death, I'm gonna ask and ask about what's going on. There's this feeling inside of my gut that tells me it's about Izzy.

"Stop pacing, we'll think of something." I hiss.

"Then, THINK!" He yells. Last straw has been cut.

"You don't think I am!?!? I'm thinking! Izzy doesn't deserve this fate! I'm trying but since you're pacing, I can't!" I yell.

Nico's fuming, but I don't give a crap. This is my fault. I shouln't have let Sam talk me out of it. But what about Connor? No. There's never time for boys. I sigh and realize that ever since that party on the beach, I'd never have a normal life. Ever since that bull slammed into my baby girl.

The room is gettiung darker. I know sun set is coming and it's coming fast. I learned from months of being here that theshadows and light of the room changes throughout the day. When the room is brightest is when it's noon. As the place gets darker, the day gets closer to the night.

"What if I-"

"Nobody's dying." Nico glares. It's about the thousandth time he said this. But I know he knows I gotta die. It's just how it's gonna be. I've execpted the fact. "And I'll make sure that happens." He goes on. "People are accustomed to you. So, I'll buy us more time with my dad. You go back to camp and pretend that I was asking you for advice about Izzy and don't say a thing. We'll meet every night at mid-night. And we will find an answer!"

Before i can protest, I'm back at Half-Blood Hill. Someone's lips hit mine. I push them off me. Connor looks sheepishly at the ground. I frown at him. He has a girlfriend, right? I think so. I bite my lip as we stand in an awkward silence. I don't see Sam anywhere. As I had thought, I could see the sun going down and hear the campfire songs. I felt bad for the boy. He was only happy to see me.

"I thought you were gone for good." Connor whispers.

My eyes soften. "I wasn't...... Just, my friend got away."

I was lying through my teeth. Izzy was stuck there. And it was all my fault.

"That's good. Listen, if I scared you by kissing you, I'm-"

I smakced him. "Don't say you're sorry."

He looks shocked. I step forward and bite my lip. He smirks as our faces were centimeters were away. Then, I see shadows lurking behind him. I frown, causing Connor to frown. Just as suddenly, the shadows disappear. I shake my head and look into Connor's bright blue eyes. They twinkled with excitement.

Our lips meet and I feel sparks. Yes, that sounds quite cheesy, I know. But I did feel them. my stomache churned, but in a good way. I smiled into the kiss and so did Connor. My arms were wrapped around his neck and his with my waist. The whole picture felt perfect. The idea of a girlfriend of his that wasn't me slipped of my mind.

I detached our lips, making Connor pout. I giggle and peck his lips. That makes a smile spread across his face.

"My face still hurts." He winked.

"Good." I knee him in the stomach. "If you ever try to make me feel guilty for leaving," I clench my jaw as he moans and falls to the ground, holding his stomach. "I'll do much worse."