Part 23

Parth woke up reluctantly and went for a shower as Vidushi began packing her belongings. When he came out of the bathroom drying his wet hair he had another towel wrapped around his waist. "Get dressed Parth, don't tempt me by showing off your body. He knew she found him hard to resist. They had great chemistry from the time that they began dating. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her tenderly and she could not help but respond to his overture with equal fervour. She liked being so close to him; she had never gotten serious about any other boy before. "Move in with me!" Parth declared suddenly, startling her.

"You know that's not happening Parth. This is Goa, not Malibu, our parents will never agree! It is not a moral issue but a practical one! Where do we live, in your parent's house? We cannot be on our own, how will we manage on just love and fresh air? We still spend our parent's money. We need to finish our post-graduation before making a career. Marriage is very far away. Maybe after college we can get engaged, but I don't want to rush into a commitment. I believe living-in kills a relationship just like early marriage does. What we have right now is amazing; I don't want to ruin things with familiarity. Space is vital for a healthy relationship."

 "You already know that my parents were incompatible with their previous spouses and only found happiness when they met each other. That is why they don't mind me dating someone; they don't want me to repeat their mistake." She spoke with conviction. Experience had been a brilliant teacher for her. "How does one know how a relationship will turn out? Most marriages in our circles are a facade for dysfunctional ties. Forgive me for saying this but even my parents know that your Dad never got over Sanyukta's mother, and your Mom is still uncomfortable about it. I dread something like that happening with me!" She paused as Parth was at a loss for words.

"Don't mope; instead come up with an excuse for us to spend the day together tomorrow!" She told him cheerfully, changing his mood. "What do you have in mind? He asked her. "Well, I'll let you decide that but whatever it is it will be better if we drag Randhir along, my parents think he is the Rock of Gibraltar!" She suggested. "Do you think he will be willing to play the third wheel? I know my brother!" Parth knew he could not ask his brother to bail him out. "Let's take Sanyukta along then, Randhir is her knight in shining armour, if she comes along he will surely follow!" She grinned at him. "They are not seeing each other; also her mother is coming back today." Parth said.

"I have been here for a week Parth, these is definitely something between them. Why would he let her sleep in his room otherwise? There is a palpable attraction between them. I am positive about her feelings and I think he is intrigued by her because she is not like the girls he has dated previously. Plus there must be the thrill of defying your mother's taboo as the girl is not from our class and moreover she is Anju's daughter! Randhir could have inherited the latent desire from your father to try and close the loop that Harsh Shekhawat was unable to!" She took a sip of water. "My mother will never let that happen, you know that!" Parth sighed. "Forget this discussion, just convince Sanyukta's mother to send her tomorrow!" Vidushi told him as they got into his car and drove off.