Part 24

Randhir and Parth drove over to Sanyukta's place to pick her up. Anju reminded them once more that Sanyukta was not to indulge in water sports like banana boat ride, knee and wake boarding or windsurfing. "But Ma, I want to go snorkeling!" Sanyukta protested. "Only if you keep to the shallows and if either Randhir or Parth accompanies you!" Anju warned her. "Aunty, we will ensure that, don't worry about her!" Randhir assured Anju one more. "I trust you Randhir, please take care of my daughter!" Anju knew she could rely on Randhir. 

She bid them farewell as Sanyukta got into the car clutching her bag and Randhir drove across to Vidushi's place. "Mowgli, please could you sit next to Bhai?" Parth asked Sanyukta while Randhir parked the car. She rolled her eyes in response. "Parth, I am not looking forward to your steamy romance in the back. If Randhir is distracted he'll probably crash the car, so no!" She said firmly. "Please Mowgli, don't be a such a killjoy, if you girls  sit together we may have to stop the car to break up your catfight!" Parth knew that was enough to convince Sanyukta who dragged herself out and slipped into the seat next to Randhir! 

Sanyukta was right, as soon as Vidushi got into the backseat she greeted Parth with a passionate kiss and he pulled her closer! Things began to steam up between them. "Guys, get a room!" Sanyukta muttered. "Stop being jealous, Sanyukta!" Vidushi told her smugly, making Randhir grin as Sanyukta looked annoyed. Parth called YoYo to check where he had reached and he asked them to meet him for breakfast at a certain place. Soon they reached the small shack where YoYo, Jiggy, Kaustuki and Sahil were waiting for them. "I've already had breakfast, you people go ahead!" Vidushi declared after taking one disapproving look at the dingy little eating place. 

  "Come on Vidushi, just sit with us

  "Come on Vidushi, just sit with us." Parth said to her softly while Sanyukta left the car to join her friends who had already ordered simple local dishes such as usal pav, mirchi bhajiyas, Goan samosas and sheera. "Where are Parth and Vidushi?" Jiggy asked Sanyukta. "She is not used to such places so Parth stayed behind with her." Randhir explained as he ordered omlette pav for Parth. Sanyukta had never been more aware of the class difference that separated her from Randhir's social circle, she just kept eating silently. They had tea to follow up the food, sending some for Parth who had it in the car. After breakfast they began their journey to Cabo de Rama fort, which was just under 30 km from Madgaon. The fort provided a commanding view of Colva beach and Canacona.

 The fort provided a commanding view of Colva beach and Canacona