Part 64

Sometimes provocation seals a moment between two people who are drawn to each other. When attraction between them has been stifled for too long the dam can burst without warning. It does not take a degree in rocket science to guess what a little intimacy behind closed doors can lead to. Randhir and Sanyukta were swept away by emotions that had so far been kept concealed. Sanyukta never thought she would thank Vishad in her mind for indirectly helping Randhir come to terms with his feeling for her. Inexplicably his protective vibe had ultimately transformed into possessiveness.

"What are you waiting for, silly? Kiss me!" She whispered into his ear as she saw him hesitate.

"What's the point, little girl? I am so sure you still don't know how to respond to a kiss!" He grinned, running his fingers through her hair, tousling it. 

"Then teach me! No better teacher than you and no better pupil than yours truly! Off late I have been topping my class, you know?" She linked his fingers with hers and squeezed them.

"This is not your classroom! Nasty things can happen to nice girls like you if they come too close to bad guys like me!" He pulled her close.

"This is all talk and no action! Let's see what's the worst a bad boy like you can do!" Her voice was gruff with desire. The next moment she closed her lips over his, challenging him to respond.

She felt herself pinned to the wall and snapped her eyes shut while he snacked on her mouth hungrily, his right hand gripping the back of her head immobilising her. She simply let herself go, revelling in the instance, trying her best to match his moves. They had waited long enough, and if his phone had not rudely interrupted them there was no saying how far they could have gone.

The spell broke. Half-heartedly he distanced himself from her though she continued to cling to him. He saw that it was his mother calling.

"Sorry, but I have to take this call, Mowgli! Stay very quiet, don't say a word, it is Mom on the other side!" He moved back slightly to answer.

"Hi Mom! Of course I am still at the party. What happened?"

He paused for a couple of minutes letting his mother speak.

"What, here? That's pretty abrupt, Mom! Right now?

Randhir looked tense, as if something unpredictable was about to happen.

"Not at all, I'll take care of it!" He disconnected.

"What timing!" He wore an exasperated look as he turned toward Sanyukta.

"What is it?" She knew it had to be something really important for his mother to call him back after she had left the party.

"I have an impromptu meeting with some people. Dad is bringing them over in about ten minutes. Mowgli, we have to move you to Tanya's room which is close by. As soon as I am done I'll come back for you. Let me call her!" He dialed Tanya's number.

"Hi Tanya, are you still outside? Listen, I need a favour. Sanyukta is not feeling too well, she needs to lie down for a while. Is it ok if she spends some time in your room? Well,  I can't let her stay in mine, if you know what I mean!" He grinned.

"Right, I'll bring her over. And please just get her something to eat and drink. I'll drop her home when she's feeling better. Thanks Tanya, you are a pal!" Randhir hung up and turned toward Sanyukta.

"You heard the conversation. If she asks just tell her you have a headache. I'll come for you as soon as I can!" He assured her.

"But Randhir, would Tanya want to share her room with me?" Sanyukta wondered.