Chapter 5: Got Your Back

Chapter 5

I pulled myself out of the bed, landing painfully on my feet.

I forgot about the fact that it was the top bunk.

The sun was shining bright through the window, piercing through my throbbing headache.

I felt like I was going to be sick as I braced myself against the bed for a moment.

I took a deep breath, stumbling over to my suitcase.

This was going to require a full hangover remedy.

I grabbed the little bottle of Advil, popping three pills into my mouth.

I washed it down with a bottle of water I found laying on the floor.

Then I grabbed my makeup bag and some clothes, squinting through the bright light as I walked to the bathroom.

On a normal occasion, I would simply stay in bed all day, nursing my hangover and not talking to anybody.

But I had to act as normal as possible today.

Nobody could know that I went out last night.

I chewed on some gum as I wiped off the makeup from last night, resisting the urge to pass out.

Once my makeup was off, I applied a fresh layer, covering up the dark circles under my eyes.

I looked pale and gross, almost as bad as I felt.

In an effort to look as un-hungover as possible, I even did a small winged eye-liner.

I had to make it believable that I just took a while to get ready.

They didn't have to know that I was an expert at doing makeup and could do it within about five minutes.

Once my makeup was perfect and made me look not dead, I changed out of my pajamas.

I didn't even remember changing into them last night. But then again, I don't remember getting home either.

I pulled on some cropped leggings and a cute lulu-lemon workout tank top.

I tied my hair up into a ponytail, pulling down a few strands just to make it look casual but cute.

I pulled on my black and white nike running shoes, hoping I wouldn't get them too dirty outside, and stood up with a sigh.

Today was going to be rough.

Because I had to make it believable that I was staying in this shit hole town one hundred percent of the time, I posted another mirror selfie of my outfit today, knowing that my dad would have people checking my social media.

As if I would post anything of going out...

With a deep breath, I prepared myself for the day ahead.

"Are you sure she's alright?" I heard Aunt Rory say in the kitchen.

I froze on the steps, not wanting to give away my presence.

"Yeah absolutely. I think she's just tired from the week. I figured I'd let her sleep." I heard Casey reply nonchalantly.

Well at least she has my back.

"Sorry!" I said happily, joining them in the kitchen. "Boy I was exhausted."

Casey raised her eyebrows at me as I sat down next to her.

"How are you functioning?" She whispered as her mom tried to find something in the fridge.

"I'm not." I whispered back honestly. "But thanks."