Chapter 25: Freedom

Chapter 25

I got out of the truck, feeling nauseous at the prospect of facing my mom when she was this angry.

"What the bloody hell are you wearing?" My mom asked in shock, marching towards the truck. "And were you driving?!"

"What are you doing here?" I asked, slamming the door shut.

"Oh shit I was supposed to tell you!" Casey gasped, getting out of Wallace's truck. "Your parents are coming in town!"

"Thanks for the heads up!" I said to Casey before turning to my mom.

"Oh that is it. You are going right upstairs and packing this instant." My mom said harshly, spinning on her heel.

"No I'm not!" I yelled, storming after her. "Casey!" I yelled over my shoulder.

"I forgot!" Casey defended herself. "Wallace stay in the car." She hissed to him as he tried to follow her.

I glanced over my shoulder to see Daniel slowly getting out of the truck.

"Don't even think about it." I said to him. "You'll only make this worse."

"Aunt Alex, listen. This is all my fault we were-"

Casey was cut off as my mom stormed into the house, letting the door slam behind her.

"Mother!" I yelled, walking into the house after her.

"What is going on?" My dad asked in shock, looking up from the paper he was looking at with Uncle Mitch.

"We're going back to New York!" My mom said loudly, storming up the stairs.

"Mother stop!" I yelled, jogging up the stairs after her.

"Alexandra?" My dad asked, following us up the stairs. "What's going on?"

"Your daughter has turned into an average country slut that is what has happened." My mom said harshly, storming into Casey's room.

"What the hell!" I yelled. "I have not!"

"She was off doing God know's what with that damn Aubrey boy!" My mom said loudly.

"You love the Aubrey boy! We love the Aubrey boy! Don't we?" My dad asked, walking into the room after my mom.

"Mother stop!" I yelled again as she started putting all of my clothes into my suitcase. "What is going on?"

"What is going on?" My dad asked, looking completely shocked.

"She's wearing his jersey, Gerald!" My mom yelled. "I will not have her turning into one of those washed up girls who marries out of high school and ends up stuck in this shitty town!"

"So he's my boyfriend? Of course I'm going to wear his jersey to a football game!" I yelled. "If you think for a minute that I'm going to-"

"Oh a football game?! That's where you were?" My mom yelled as if I'd told her I'd been to the moon. "Then care to tell me why you have hickeys all over your neck?!"

I gasped, reaching up to cover my neck.

"Mother I-"

"What?" My dad yelled, rounding on me.

"And she was driving his truck!" My mom yelled. "He's got her breaking the law!"

"Oh please! That's nothing!" I defended myself.

"No, Jordyn, that is enough." My mom said harshly, walking to the bathroom to continue collecting my things.

"I'm not going!" I yelled. "You cannot force me to leave this place!"