Chapter 9: Not So Bad After All

Chapter 9

"Straightening your hair? What for?" Casey frowned, walking into the room.

"I always straighten my hair." I replied, glancing up at her.

I was sitting cross legged in front of the mirror wearing just a bathrobe while I straightened my hair.

"Well anyways how did today go?" Casey asked with a grin, sitting down against the wall opposite me.

"It was alright." I shrugged. "Kinda ended in disaster but whatever." I laughed.

"Disaster?" Casey raised her eyebrows. "Oh dear was he a dick to you?"

"No! No not at all." I said quickly. "See he was so shocked that I'd never driven a car before so he took me to that uh, that practice field place I dunno apparently there's parties there or something?"

"Every Saturday yeah keep going." Casey leaned forwards slightly.

"Well yeah so he taught me how to drive his truck but I got it stuck in this big thing of mud and it wouldn't move. Then of course I ruined my white jeans in the damn mud and we both just got a mess." I laughed, running the straightener through a piece of my hair again. I winced at the hot hair and shook out my hand, letting the hair cool before I touched it again.

"Hold on let me get this straight, you drove Daniel Aubrey's truck?" Casey asked in shock.

"Yeah. What's shocking about that?" I frowned, giving her an odd look as I rubbed my still stinging hand on my knee.

"He doesn't let anybody drive that truck. Not even Wallace." Casey laughed. "Damn."

I shrugged. "Maybe he just wanted to teach me and since it was a field there was nothing I could hit." I laughed, reaching for my hairbrush.

"Anyways finish getting ready we're leaving in like fifteen minutes." Casey said, standing up.

"Leaving for what?" I frowned, watching as she walked over to the dresser.

"For the party." Casey replied. "It's a Saturday and there's a party at the exact field you were at today. That's what you're getting ready for, right?"

"No... I just always straighten my hair." I frowned. "I'm not going to a party tonight."

"What? Why." Casey frowned. "I genuinely want you to come, you're fun." She laughed.

"I had too much of a wild night last night, sorry." I shook my head. "I don't think I'm fully recovered and I think I'm just going to stay here."

"Well you'll have the place to yourself. Mom and dad are going into Boyne for dinner tonight. They won't be back until like noon tomorrow." Casey replied.

"Hold on a minute. You mean to tell me that they're going to be gone all night?" I asked in shock.

"Yeah. They do it like twice a month I dunno." Casey shrugged. "But anyways, if you're here, I'll just crash at Wallace's."

"You're leaving me alone in this house?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Well normally Wallace would sleep here but you're here. It's fine, I like his bed better anyways." Casey laughed. "I'll head out now I guess. Text me if you need anything."

"Sure." I smiled, turning off the straightener as I stood up from the ground.

Guess I had the whole place to myself.

Just as the thought crossed my mind, my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered, walking over to my suitcase.