Chapter 22: Babe... I'm An Aubrey

Chapter 22

"What's got you all smiley? You hate these events." Tristan said to me as we waited in the apartment for our parents to get there.

"They're not too bad today." I laughed, my eyes meeting Daniel's.

"Gross." Tristan muttered, shaking his head.

"You're telling me." Gerry grimaced, crossing his arms.

"Gerald." I hissed, turning to look at him. "You promised."

Gerry rolled his eyes but wiped the sour look off of his face.

"Remember what we talked about?" I gave him a look.

"Just because Daniel's brother is a bitch doesn't mean the whole family sucks." Gerry recited, causing Daniel to laugh softly.

"I've heard that one before." Daniel muttered, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You're cute." I said, my eyes meeting his.

"Oh really? Not as cute as you." Daniel winked, pulling my hips against his.

I let out a laugh, softly kissing his cheek.

"They're here. Separate." Gerry said, marching towards the elevator as we heard it ding.

"Please tell me this is going to be okay." Daniel whispered to me as I slid my hand into his.

"Have some faith in my family, Daniel." I laughed as we followed my brothers.

"If they're anything like mine..." Daniel trailed off.

"They're worse. Deal with it." I winked before putting on my best face for greeting my parents.

"Mother, father." Gerry addressed them first.

"Jordyn, introduce us to your friend." My dad said, completely disregarding my brothers.

It was almost shocking how relaxed Daniel suddenly seemed.

"Mr. Montgomery, Mrs. Montgomery, it's a pleasure to meet you." Daniel held out his hand to shake my dad's. "I'm Daniel Aubrey."

"Yes, we know who you are." My dad said, shaking his hand with a slightly taken aback expression on his face.

"Of course. Mrs. Montgomery, Jordyn showed me some of the items for your most recent clothing line and I don't know much about fashion, but they were definitely admirable." Daniel smiled, gently shaking my mom's hand.

She raised her eyebrows at me for a moment.

"Well thank you, Daniel." My mom said happily. "That's a lovely thing to say."

"Very well, are we going to get going?" My dad asked, cutting the moment short. "We're taking two cars. Alexandra, you go with the boys in one car and I'll accompany Jordyn and Daniel in the other." My dad said, sizing up Daniel.

"Absolutely." I said without hesitation, knowing that confidence was our best bet here.

Daniel gave me a look with a hint of nervousness in it as we rode the elevator down.

I squeezed his hand and silently prayed that the car ride would not be disastrous.

But as it turned out, disastrous was the absolute wrong word for it.

Daniel became a completely different person.

He was personable, chatty, and charismatic. I'd never seen him talk so much about such intelligent things regarding business and culture.