Chapter 18: Return of the Ex-Girlfriend

Chapter 18

"How was your day today?" Casey asked curiously as she walked into the room.

I was just grabbing some clothes to get into the shower.

"It was great." I smiled. "But I'm super sweaty so I gotta get clean."

"Yeah no worries. By the way, my best friend Beth just got back in town and she's gonna be hanging around here a lot." Casey said, glancing over her shoulder. "And I should warn you she-"

"What about me?" A voice from the hall asked with a laugh.

I quickly dashed into the bathroom before a stranger saw me with curly hair and a red and sweaty face.

I turned on the fan, blocking out the noise from the other room.

My phone went off just as I was turning the water of the shower on.

From: Daniel

Today was fun! Wyd tonight?

I let out a laugh to myself as I put the phone down without replying.

I didn't want to seem too eager when I told him that I was totally free and would love to hang out with him.

I spent the next two hours really cleaning myself and getting back to my standards.

These past two days were fun, sure.

But I had standards and I needed to look my absolute best... Especially if I was about to meet Casey's best friend.

I would not let myself look crappy when meeting someone knew.

The rest of the afternoon consisted of a lot of shaving, a lot of lotion, deep conditioning for my hair, an exfoliating face mask, and a shit ton of product in my hair to keep it smooth when I blew it out.

I didn't put on much makeup, but I fixed my eyebrows and put on a tiny bit of foundation just to even out my complexion.

Mascara of course was an every day necessity and I wasn't about to go without it.

As for my clothes, I hadn't done laundry in a while, so I'd ended up with an old pair of black yoga pants and a white v-neck that was ridiculously soft.

Not my best outfit, but it would do.

"Jordyn! You're gonna blow a fuse if you use all your damn hair shit!" Casey yelled just as I was collecting my stuff.

"Would you calm down?" I yelled back as I walked into the room. "I'm finished." I gave her a look.

"Good." Casey stuck her tongue out at me before disappearing into the bathroom.

As I dumped my stuff on my suitcase, I was left alone in the room with a girl that I'd never met before.

Her hair was short, blonde, and just skimmed the top of her shoulders.

She was small and had a body that looked straight out of a sports magazine, making even me jealous.

It was pretty impressive when I get jealous of someone else, as I sometimes have a bit too much self confidence in my appearance.

Her eyes were strikingly blue and she basically just looked perfect in every single way.

Even her outfit was admirable, white shorts, turquoise sandals, and a button up turquoise tank top.

"Who are you?" I blurted out.

"I'm Beth. Who are you?" The girl asked.

"I'm Jordyn." I snapped, unsure why the bitchy side was coming out.