Chapter 19: Petty Jealousy

Chapter 19

"So what you're telling me is that I have to lie to my best friend?" Casey raised her eyebrows, crossing her arms.

"Well do you want to be the one to deal with her when she finds out pretty boy Aubrey moved on?" Wallace pointed out, giving his girlfriend a look.

Casey's face softened.

"Oh." Casey nodded. "Right."

"Look we're keeping it quiet and there's not even an 'it' necessarily." Daniel said, glancing at me. "But just... We want to give this a chance to go somewhere with out her getting involved."

"You said it like she's satan." Casey snorted.

"Casey. This morning when I woke up she told me she didn't want to share the mirror with me because she was worried it might spread my ugliness." I gave Casey a look.

Casey frowned. "Okay well maybe she doesn't warm up to people easily."

"Casey." Daniel sighed.

"Fine. But I'm not keeping you two separated anymore. She's been back for a week and she's starting to suspect that we're keeping you apart." Casey said, shaking her head.

"That's alright, actually kinda want to see the look on her face when she sees him." Wallace laughed, resting his arm over the back of the booth behind Casey.

Daniel grimaced, his hand squeezing my knee under the table.

"I don't." Daniel shook his head.

"Well she's here so don't act all couple shit." Casey muttered.

I glanced over my shoulder.

Beth was wearing a cute little black romper with navy sandals. They didn't match, but she looked good still.

"Fuck she even looks gorgeous." I whined, turning to face the other side of the booth. "Why is she so pretty? Her legs are never ending and her hair is like spun from gold."

"We're working on it." Daniel explained as Wallace gave me a weird look. "I think it's her way of processing jealousy."

Wallace let out a snort.

"Girls." He shook his head in amusement.

Daniel pulled his hand away from my knee as Beth walked up to the table.

Her eyes instantly landed on me.

"That's my spot." She said, crossing her arms.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't see 'bitch' written on the seat." I said with a sarcastic smile.

I sat up a little straighter and folded my hands on the table.

"Hi Daniel." Beth said, suddenly becoming sweet as she looked at him.

"Uh, hey." Daniel said, glancing up at her awkwardly.

"Can you tell the girl to get out of my seat?" Beth asked with a sweet smile on her face. "I've been gone for a month, Danny, don't tell me you've replaced me."

Daniel grimaced at the nickname but let out a sigh, scooting closer towards me to let Beth in.

"Go ahead, sit." Daniel sighed, his leg pressing against mine.

"Danny." I whispered, a smirk forming on my face. "Makes you seem twelve."

Daniel bit his lip to stop the smile forming on his face.

"So! Beth! What brings you back from LA so early?" Wallace asked curiously.

"No reason." Beth shrugged. "Just felt like coming back here."