Chapter 12: Impromptu Trans-Atlantic Trip

Chapter 12

I didn't get a chance to see Daniel again on Sunday.

Wallace was gone by the time I got upstairs.

Casey didn't talk to me for the rest of the day, but it was her that was avoiding me so I figured she thought I was mad at her.

To be completely honest I was.

But I wasn't about to get into it with her.

Monday went the exact same way.

I didn't see Daniel all day and Casey still avoided me.

On Tuesday, I was ready to change things.

I was going to talk to Casey and I was going to see Daniel.

But when we woke up on Tuesday morning, I was all prepared to talk to her as we got up to get dressed.

But almost as soon as my feet were on the ground, I was running to the bathroom feeling sicker than I normally did with a hangover.

Needless to say I probably puked out the contents of my stomach before ten and spent the rest of the day laying in bed feeling like my stomach was twisting in a million knots.

I'd never felt so sick without being hungover.

Wednesday morning I woke up feeling significantly better but couldn't look at food without wanting to throw up again.

"Oh good morning." Aunt Lily said happily as I appeared in the kitchen. "You're feeling better?"

"Barely." I sighed, managing a soft smile.

"Well you'll take it easy today." Uncle Mitch gave me a look. "Do you want breakfast?"

I grimaced, shaking my head.

"Okay well why don't you and Casey head out and start working. Casey, be understanding. Let her take it easy." Uncle Mitch said.

"Absolutely." Casey nodded, taking one last bite of her toast before we headed outside.

"Look okay I know you're mad at me but-"

"I'm not mad." I cut her off as we walked towards the barn. "It's not my argument to be part of. I figured I'd give you your space this week but trust me. I'm not mad."

Casey nodded, giving me a soft smile.

"Alright. So we're good?" She asked quietly.

"Sure." I nodded.

"Okay. Just get the eggs and then if you feel up to it we'll find you something else to do. Take it easy you still look like shit." Casey laughed, pushing open the doors.

"Wow thanks." I laughed, shaking my head.

"You feeling any better though?" Casey asked curiously.

"Not really. But then again I'm not sitting with my head in the toilet anymore." I replied, grabbing the pail for the eggs.

By the time I'd gotten the eggs, I was feeling very dizzy and very sick.

"Alright you sit down for a minute, I'll go take these back to the kitchen." Casey sighed, taking the pail from my hands.

"Thanks." I said softly, sitting down on one of the bales of hay.

I leaned back against the one behind me and closed my eyes for a moment to try and get the world to stop spinning.

Next thing I knew I was fast asleep.